By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Epic: Xbox 360 version of UT 3 could have less content than PS3 version...

There is nothing to worry about here. You can still fit a heck of a lot of game on an Xbox 360 disc and Microsoft has a great system for handling downloadable content.
Mark Rein

I continue to be disappointed that folks on the internet treat any positive thing we say about one platform as some sort of critique of another platform. We're a multi-platform company folks please come to grips with that. We like the PC. We like the 360. We like the PS3.

When it comes to user created mods on the 360 - we will work with Microsoft to find a way to support them. We just don't have all the answers today and it isn't our chief priority at this very moment because we already have our hands completely full shipping UT3 on PC and PS3 as well as shipping Gears of War on PC. When we get those out of the way, and get a little time to spend with our friends and families, then we'll get back on this issue and figure it out.
Mark Rein

Around the Network
CapAmerica said:
Well why couldn't the Xbox uses compressed data like the PC and have it uncompressed onto the HDD when you go to play it.
  Microsoft mandated games could not require a HD to play, this has just been relaxed for MMOs I believe.

naznatips said:
I agree with you Sharky. The extra space is used cause it's there. If there isn't extra space, devs work with the constraints. I have yet to see a game that truly required that extra space to deliver more content. When I see Blu-ray actually increasing games length, rather than just used for duplicating data to reduce load times and uncompressed sound files, then I'll accept it's actually worthwhile for the industry.
LOL

So no load times is not worthwhile.

How can any one honestly deny the importance of that much more space ?

leo-j said:
albionus said:
@akuma,
you do know that almost no one plays home consoles on a computer monitor at a desk right?

doesnt matter, you can be playing it on a desk, bluetooth :P

True of course, as I said a few would do that but not very many (which includes me).

I know people that play thier consoles at desks... so its not that rare.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Legend11 said:
I guess we'll have to wait for the game to be released to see what happens. Apparently Microsoft is now very open to the type of mods and other content that Unreal Tournament 3 will have. Also I'm surprised they don't simply include a 2nd dvd with additional levels and allow people to install the additional ones they want to play online. In my experience it's rare that people play more than 10 or 20 different maps in UT.

Since these are multiplayer maps we are talking about, you wanna switch a disc every time you chose a specific map that wasn't on the first disc to play the next match?

What if you have it set to join the next game automatically and it takes you to a map you gotta switch a disc for, you wanna do that? Or let's say the people you are playing with said let's go to this other map and it's on the other disc or 3rd or 4th or whatever, you wanna switch again?

This isn't like a single player game that you just switch disc after getting to a certain point (Blue Dragon).

Also, they can make it downloadable to your hard drive, but not all 360s have hard drives then there's also the issue of whether or not it will be free maps. Weren't Gears maps free first then future ones you had to pay for?

Would you mind reading his post!
He's writing about installing additional maps!

About the downloading part you mentioned, thats the way to go !
I purchased css over steam! The whole game is downloaded online but includes no maps by default!

You're joing a server with a map you don't have, the map is downloaded ingame!

It's convenient and safes diskspace!

RenegadePhantasm said:
ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Good for Blu-Ray.

It(')s Blu-ray... God doesnt don't people look at correct spelling anymore... the R is lowercase.

Anyways, DVD is like 10 years old now. How old was VHS when it was phased out?

Usually if you are going to yell at people over minute spelling errors it is a good idea to at least put a little effort into your own spelling.

lol, RenegadePhantasm!

ssj12 really made my day........ again!

He's a funny chump ;).