By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ok be calm you do not need to break the internet :S. Sony is da best!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:

And yet most people think its stupid to buy virtual santa hats (OPINION) (which should be free(OPINION)) that is what it is (OPINION).

XBL is the best console online service (OPINION) and as such it costs only chump change a month to keep it running (because it's the best it cost's chump change to run? anyways... OPINION). PSN is no where near xbl in anyway (OPINION) so to not like xbl is to hate psn (just no.)

LOL I feel like I'm in that movie Groundhog's day.

Opinion =/= Fact.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

saxophonehero said:
I am getting tired of the Sony is doomed threads that i decided to make a counter. Everyone keeps making there own bs theories of how Sony can fail. So here is my theories that won't necessarily happen. 2009 HOME will live up to its hype and be successful PS3 will finally make a profit the release of a PS3 slim more PS3 games will use motion senses PS3 to rerelease backwards compatibility Heavy Rain and Killzone to have release some obvious console blowing graphics PSN to emphasize on side versions of video games like quest for booty PS3 to have some more PSP interaction PS3 to finally outsell 360 PS3 to only gaming console to only more hardware in 2009 than in 2008 GOWIII, GT5, FFXIII get released in the next 12months and get respectable sales PS3 to finally receive multiplatform games that aren't ported from 360 Hopefully 2009 people will realize the difference in consoles and games instead of its price Most importantly PS3 to receive a price cut that Sony can most definetly afford.

I don´t mean to be offensive but this sort of "fanboyism" is part of why I dislike Sony. It seems to me that both the company (probably after being used to dominate the business for a decade) and some of it´s rabid fanboys are being overconfident in a way that is immature and has a tendancy to trash the competition in press statements ( a strategy Microsoft also seems to adapt). 

Is it just me or does Nintendo seem to have a more down to earth and humble attitude towards the competition? They are after all killing the competition and you don´t see Nintendo badmouthing Sony or Microsoft in NPD statements. Just short, to the point statements about it´s own sales, whereas Microsoft and Sony can´t wait to throw shit on each other

@Samus, you my friend would in fact be mistaken.

Nintendo "fanboyism" is rampant -_-; Before the big Wii dryspell, you couldn't go two feet without someone tossing around "facts" about how amazing the wii is at this, how well the will sells at that... why the ds is god... etc etc etc etc etc etc. It was obnoxious >_> And you guys have some very "colorful" fanboys/girls as well ^^ All sides do.

Just look at this topic for example. You have one guy (the OP) who post's a big wall of text that is just full of hope and opinions, and you have 10 pages now of people disagreeing with him. Why bother? If the post is so silly that you just find it comical, why come in here and put him down? If you think he's blind, leave him be :P

And yet most people think its stupid to buy virtual santa hats (which should be free) that is what it is.

XBL is the best console online service and as such it costs only chump change a month to keep it running. PSN is no where near xbl in anyway so to not like xbl is to hate psn.

Maybe you could give us some reasons why xbl is so far ahead of the PSN.

I use both services and here is my opinion:

• Lag/Network: In terms of online gameplay (lag/network) I give the edge to the PSN.  Since most online games use peer to peer networks you can't say one has more lag than the other.  I give the edge to the PSN because they offer dedicated servers for some games.
  • Communication/Friend support: This is clearly better on xbox live.  In-game voice chat, friends list integration, party system.  PSN really doesn't touch xbl here.
  • Dashboard/PSN Store: The edge goes to PSN.  It is laid out better and is easier to find items.  The live dashboard highlights a few items, but buries everything else in menus.  Also, PSN seems to leave demos and other items available for download; whereas, xbl removes demos/content from the service.

I disagree with you that PSN and XBL are far apart in terms of their offerings.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

@ dbot good point

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

dbot said:

And yet most people think its stupid to buy virtual santa hats (which should be free) that is what it is.

XBL is the best console online service and as such it costs only chump change a month to keep it running. PSN is no where near xbl in anyway so to not like xbl is to hate psn.

Maybe you could give us some reasons why xbl is so far ahead of the PSN.

I use both services and here is my opinion:

• Lag/Network: In terms of online gameplay (lag/network) I give the edge to the PSN.  Since most online games use peer to peer networks you can't say one has more lag than the other.  I give the edge to the PSN because they offer dedicated servers for some games.
  • Communication/Friend support: This is clearly better on xbox live.  In-game voice chat, friends list integration, party system.  PSN really doesn't touch xbl here.
  • Dashboard/PSN Store: The edge goes to PSN.  It is laid out better and is easier to find items.  The live dashboard highlights a few items, but buries everything else in menus.  Also, PSN seems to leave demos and other items available for download; whereas, xbl removes demos/content from the service.

I disagree with you that PSN and XBL are far apart in terms of their offerings.

1. Lag is non existant in xbl . And xbl offers dedicated servers for any game exceeding the 16 players.

3. You describing the old dashboard which doesnt exist.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

@The J man

I've had lag multiple times with xbl :P And it's always random! Some matches I'll have no lag, others are just atrocious xD It certainly kept COD4's multiplayer interesting :P

ChronotriggerJM said:
@The J man

I've had lag multiple times with xbl :P And it's always random! Some matches I'll have no lag, others are just atrocious xD It certainly kept COD4's multiplayer interesting :P

The J man can say the exact same thing about the ps3 version of cod 4.

And also if you want more proof of psn lagging more than xbl than look no further than socom. No game on xbl lags like this first party sony game.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Well, you can argue all you want, but the fact is that this Xmass was supposed to be sony's, and MS stole it from them.

And playstation isn't doomed, it'll just finish 3rd... of 3 competitors.