By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii and third parties, same history?

irstupid said:
Diomedes1976 said:
For the moment its the same ....even worse ,the Cube at least got many ports of the big PS2-Xbox games until Nintendo silently killed it,the Wii as its hardware is frankly obsolete cant even receive those ports .

Its not like it wont get ANY core game ,as example the list of thekitchensink ...but that list pales absolutely compared to the HD consoles ,and not all these games will be good ones (let alone make it for 2009 as DQX).

I actually find that list quite appealing becuase it is a nice variety of genres, plus missing some good games as well.  I don't see Little Kings Story on his list and dont' feel like doing more research.

I mean list the 360/PS3 games that AREN'T a FPS/TPS and the list is pretty lacking.  And since I don't like shooters thats all I look at.

Yakuza 3(not a FPS)

White Knight Chronicles  (not a FPS )

Uncharted 2 (some shotting ,but also plattform ,exploration ,etc)

Gran Turismo 5 (not FPS )

Stormrise (strategy game)

Demons Souls (RPG )

Pet in TV (social game )

Fat Princess (not a FPS )

Flower (not a FPS )

Tekken 6 (not a FPS )

Heavy Rain (not a FPS )

Alan Wake (not a FPS )

Ratchet and Clank 2 (not a FPS )

Trico (Team Ico game ,not a FPS )

Warriors Orochi (not a FPS )

Final Fantasy XIII (not a FPS )

Streetfighter IV (not a FPS )

Resident Evil 5 (survival horror ,dont know if you will label it as TPS)

Skate 2 (not FPS )

Afro Samurai (not FPS )

The Godfather 2 (not FPS )

MLBA 2009 The Show (baseball )

Tom Clancy HawkX (not FPS )

Heroes over Europe (not FPS)

Sacred 2:Fallen Angel (WRPG )

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (action RPG)

Noby Noby Boy (puzzle )

Out Run Online (racing )

This is Vegas (sandbox game )

Wet (action game ,maybe TPS )

World in Conflict:Soviet Assault (strategy)

Prototype (sandbox action )

Infamous (sandbox action )

Ghostbusters the video game (action )

Dark Void (survival horror )

Alpha Protocol (Action RPG )

Bionico Commando (action )

Brutal Legend (adventure )

Overlord 2 (strategy )

Colin Mc Rae DIRT 2 (racing )

The Witcher (WRPG )

God of War 3 (action )

Afrika (not FPS )

Bayonetta (action )

Arkham Asylum (adventure )

Cuboid (puzzle )

DC Universe Online (MMORPG)

Dragon Age Origins (WRPG )

Flock (puzzle )

Indiana Jones (action )

King of Fighters XII (fighting )

Mafia II (sandbox )

L.A. Noire (sandbox )

Rag Doll Kung Fu (action )

Topatoi (puzzle )

Splatterhouse (action )

Wardevil (action )

Watchmen (action )

Savage Moon (strategy )

Lord of the Rings Conquest(not FPS)

Forza Motorsport 3 (racing )

Trine (plattforming )

....plus all the shooters ,most PSN and Live projects etc ....

Now if this is "lacking" and the Wii list is "appealling " then we must be speaking about two different things .

Around the Network

we have not seen any ingame gameplay yet.

The final fantasy guy doing the games just released a interview talking about the games not too long ago and said he is excited about the demo coming out cause he wants to show how the gameplay and stuf looks and plays. and said so far all they have released has been prerendered stuff.

well long list, but i not heard of most of those games ever

the only ones i want to play on that list is WKC, FF13, Ratchet Clank 2 (didn't know was announced). Isn't Dragon Age a PC game, and already have Witcher for PC

how come no one talks about I Am Alive? it looks like an awesome game from ubisoft thats coming to wii, 360 and PS3. havnt heard anything about it in a long while tho

OT, february and march 2009 looks like it could offer better third party support than the entire on 2008, in terms of exclusives at least

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

What I'm missing are more "semi-hardcore" titles, like Mario Kart Wii. This is a title which appeals to all kind of gamers I think, and also is the title I have been playing the most since I bought my Wii.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
irstupid said:
FreeTalkLive said:
So is EA Fitness more or less important than a game like FF13? I just cannot tell.

to my parents it is vastely more important.

And who gives a shit about FF13.  I will pay attention to it when it has a release date in the U.S.  heck we saw like a first trailer what in 05' at E3 was it.

And it ISN'T gonna come out in the U.S. in 09' you can bet on that.  Plus we haven't seen anything that wasn't prerendered yet so we don't even know what it will be like.  A game known about or like 3 years, and still no release date and not even gameplay shown is a big "don't care" from me

Who's saying FF13 is coming out this year? You know half those games in that "exciting" Wii list don't have US release dates either, right?

And actually, we have seen gameplay. In screens and videos. Which is more than I can say for Dragon Quest X, Spyborgs, Red Steel 2, Crystal Bearers, Zack and Wiki 2 and I Am Alive (which isn't even coming to Wii).

*looks at usrername*

Ah, right.

Dragon's Quest X is a newly announced Wii game so I don't think not having in game footage is nearly as bad as a game that has been in development for 4 years ... Spyborgs and Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles both fell off the radar and were being retooled, and (with how people over-reacted to the original Spyborgs screens) I think it is understandable that they haven't shown anything until they are comfortable with their direction ... Red Steel 2 and Zack and Wiki 2 are both sequels to games that have been released and exceeded the expectations of their publishers. While they don't have a release date, I think it is fairly safe to assume these games are being worked on and will be released.

Anyways, we're probably at the absolute worst time of the year to nit-pick about what games will or will not be released in 2009 ... For the most part, the only games we will have a decent ammount of information on were probably delayed from their 2008 release date. Over the next 12 months there will (probably) be over 100 games announced for each platform and a large portion of those games will be released in 2009.

thornstrom said:
What I'm missing are more "semi-hardcore" titles, like Mario Kart Wii. This is a title which appeals to all kind of gamers I think, and also is the title I have been playing the most since I bought my Wii.

well Nintendo hasn't like announced ANY games in forever.  Only game I can think of is Resort, and I doubt they only ahve that for 09'

thornstrom said:

well Nintendo hasn't like announced ANY games in forever.  Only game I can think of is Resort, and I doubt they only ahve that for 09'

woopah said:
how come no one talks about I Am Alive? it looks like an awesome game from ubisoft thats coming to wii, 360 and PS3. havnt heard anything about it in a long while tho

OT, february and march 2009 looks like it could offer better third party support than the entire on 2008, in terms of exclusives at least

So far I know their is not yet an official comment made that it will get an wii version sorry.

irstupid said:
thornstrom said:

Yeah, I'm guessing we're gonna see.. two more first party games by Nintendo during the year. Hopefully they will be the kind of semi-core games I was referring to. Resort isn't really the kind of game I'm anxious to play...