By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - COD4 developer shuts up PS3 doubters!!!

So many FPS's so little time. Fghting games were HUGH in the 90's, FPS's seem to be running the 2000's, wonder what the next over done genre will be? Dog sims, Cat Sims, Drug Cartel sims. Only time will tell. FPS is cool, but their's so many FPS's coming out this year (UT3, Haze, Halo3 just to name a few), es muy loco ese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!

Around the Network

I don't get who this is supposed to shut up. Plenty of PS3 games run at 60FPs. These guys had been working on the PS3 for a lot longer then the EA Devlopers had been... so they had a lot more time to figure out how to get it to run at 60FPS. Also COD4 should be a lot easier to make run at 60FPS then a football game with as many players as it has.

Also, a FPS AI is way different then the Ubisoft AI. So it's not really relevent to the other two developers problems and claims. I wouldn't even qualify this as good news so much as expected news. Anytime a game doesn't clock in at 60FPS it's really a letdown and anytime a game gets an dumbed down AI or no game at all because of it it's a bad thing.

COD4 should be a fun game though. They're one of the better WW2 FPS franchises.

PC and PS3 version of the game to something better and extra content, at the end he states it.

http://gametrailers.com/player/23569.html

mM

Thats a weak argument, I dont see it shuting up anyone. IMO PS3=Massive phail for sony. I think its pretty close to being a fact not just a opion either.

Can you guys really count that fast?

This is a very interesting "war". I love how developers are taking sides, without taking sides.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I'm loving how an FPS is once again the genre of choice in flaunting the PS3's potential. I swear, they should just include the Guncon controller with the PS3 when you buy it.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Bonafide732 said:
twesterm said:
Wow, a developer hyping their own game!? OMG NEWS! MUST POST!!!!

While you can believe the straight facts for the most part (60FPS), anything else you should take with a grain of salt since they're talking about something they very much have a vested interest in.

i just think they didnt want to get tarred and feathered by ps3 fans like EA did... plus they didnt want any rumors to hurt sales... i think the developers did their job by posting this in the forums..

i agree with this statement... and i would like to add .. if the ps3 is not the lead platform dont expect the game to look too much better than the 360 version...i think titles like metal gear solid uncharted drakes fortune and ratchet and clank will prove that ps3 is better graphically..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

leo-j said:
PC and PS3 version of the game to something better and extra content, at the end he states it.

http://gametrailers.com/player/23569.html

sweeet

PSNTAG= Xander732

i just looked at a screenshot comparison no wonder the developers got mad with Xbots the ps3 version looks impressive..

PSNTAG= Xander732

http://www.cod4forums.com/index.php?showtopic=220

==> which one is better ? (note the pre-beta sign on the top right)

(let's the flamewar go one !!!)

Personnal note :
I expect Haze to get better review than Halo3/UT3/CoD4
Wait and see...

Time to Work !