By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - COD4 developer shuts up PS3 doubters!!!

Highfoot said:
Hus said:
ssj12 said:
Like we have all said, Ubi and EA are just lazy devs. Activision at least knows how to code for the CELL.

COD3 came out on launch right, yet it was much better then Ubis ports that came months later.

Ohh and the COD4 devs said 60fps at E3, they stuck it to one of the 1up xbots who asked about the PS3 version

"30fps right"

devs said 60fps.  1up asks how ?

dev gives him a weird look "we programmed it" 

This sounds damn fine :) Do you have a link och something. I would really want to see och read that interview!

This was mentioned on a 1up yours podcast if I recall, can't remember which one but at least a few weeks old and it was a retelling of an exchange between Garnett and an Infinity Ward dev and the developer sounded offended at the question.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Hus said:
rockstarjerry981 said:
Not impressed. I thought the cell was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus. How come it isn't better on the PS3 than on the 360?

Xbots would declare war if it was, personal safety comes first.

Yes because wall know PS3 fans like yourself are the bastion of maturity Hus. The fact that there is thread celebrating a PS3 game running just as well as its 360 counterpart speaks volumes. 

""""The fact that there is thread celebrating a PS3 game running just as well as its 360 counterpart speaks volumes. """"

+1 for Darc Requiem,

but in the same time, considering the last months, we know that PS3, in term of released games, is, a little, under Xbox360 (multi games better on the Xbox360, who saied Madden ?, Gears of War still on the Top visual game).

So, right now, PS3 fan are firstly trying to totally egual the Xbox360 on the multiplateform games (60 FPS minimum).
Later (2008), we will see if PS3 is able or not to bring us "top visual" game (Killzone2 ?GT5 ?)

I still hope.

Time to Work !

ckmlb said:
Highfoot said:
Hus said:
ssj12 said:
Like we have all said, Ubi and EA are just lazy devs. Activision at least knows how to code for the CELL.

COD3 came out on launch right, yet it was much better then Ubis ports that came months later.

Ohh and the COD4 devs said 60fps at E3, they stuck it to one of the 1up xbots who asked about the PS3 version

"30fps right"

devs said 60fps. 1up asks how ?

dev gives him a weird look "we programmed it"

This sounds damn fine :) Do you have a link och something. I would really want to see och read that interview!

This was mentioned on a 1up yours podcast if I recall, can't remember which one but at least a few weeks old and it was a retelling of an exchange between Garnett and an Infinity Ward dev and the developer sounded offended at the question.

I believe it was an E3 podcast, if that helps to narrow it down any. I remember hearing that, I laughed because 1up was trying to find out the difference between the two systems and while they were hoping for some 'oh the PS3 is so hard to use', the developer answered with like "just some programming".

The fact of the matter is PS3 power=Xbox 360 power, there is no big difference.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
Highfoot said:
rockstarjerry981 said:
Not impressed. I thought the cell was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus. How come it isn't better on the PS3 than on the 360?

You maybe heard of something called devolepment? How can you expect PS3 games to look far more good than other plattforms in the year one in its life? Just wait a year. You will see some changes in 2008. Devs will find the power of the PS3 in time. Codemasters, for example, have allready said that Dirt will be better on PS3 than 360. I think its a trend we will get used to in the future.

I expect it to look better. I don't have a PS3, but come on, it costs $500 versus $350 of a XBOX360 (Amazon prices). It costs 43% more than a XBOX, so I expect it to look 43% better. Otherwise, what is the point...

rasone77 said:
I really want to play this game, but I won't unless they port it to PC.

HUH?!? You mean there's no PC version of COD4?

Interest -1000 :(

(absolutely detests playing fps games with a gamepad)

Edit : I just checked IGN's site and they have a PC version listed, why did you say that, rasone77? :( 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

rockstarjerry981 said:
Any game released as a multi-plat has to deal with the other consoles' weaknesses.  It cuts both ways for the 360 and the PS3.  That is just how multi-plats work.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

meh more pointless fighting. It is a game. Not some dramatically life changing event.

Agreed with Cobretti, its as if all this techno-babble about stats and developers is the latest diversion to try and forget about the very real sales numbers on the front page.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom