By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword 10GB of sound fx audio work.

bbsin said:
it's because there's like 11 language tracks (or was it 7??), this will be freakin awesome if squareenix adds the Japanese voiceovers on the U.S version of FF13, i usually hate american dubbing on japanese games... espcially RPGs, i mean listen to bluedragon! it's dubbing sucks!

Or how about the Dynasty Warriors games? Now there is some dialog I'd like to forget, especially the second and third one. They improved it in the fourth and fifth one, but it's not what you call great. 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Vocals would be one channel. Furthermore, even at a low bit rate (96kbs), vocals would still sound far better than acceptable.

ROFL. 96kbps... acceptable... You just lost all your credit.

Acceptable on a PS2 maybe. I would notch 96kbps as borderline for the Wii.

The PS3?

"Yeah, it looks beautiful, it looks so real. But t*e aud*o ca$t b( un@er&to#d, b^cau%e o! cr*# aud#*."

Ok. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

all these audio talk is bs to me, how many ppl got a Few thousand dollar audio equipement that support 7.1???? and NO! cheap few hunder dollar home theater crap wont make a difference. just because it support 7.1 dont freaking mean it'll translate to better sound quality. there is a difference between a few thousand dollar amp to a few hundred dollar piece of shit reciever.

10gig of audio does not justify the use of BR, if I recall many of the dvd games sound great on my audio system. this new format is for hardcore audio freak that can afford to spend thousand of dollars buying those expensive equipments. This is the only way you can tell the quality difference. I bet you my old 2k amp and 2k bose speaker sound better than your inexpensive equipment that support 7.1, and by amp dont support this feature because its about 7yrs old. people need to realize just because you get that feature does not mean you are having better sound, you'll need the other part of the equation to maximize its full use.

What would justify the size would be these things:

1. Being region free, the game has all voices in EVERY language the game will be released in.

2. Different soundtrack mixes for every sound format the game will be released in, which would require all the sound copied in lossy, and lossless, formats.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

ion-storm said:
Why do people want compression!!! Compression is evil! Compression reduces quality!
 Errrr... not necessarily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lossless_data_compression

Around the Network

10 GB ALONE FOR SOUND = THE BEST SOUNDING SOUND EVAR!@@!@@!!@@!

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

rubido said:
ion-storm said:
Why do people want compression!!! Compression is evil! Compression reduces quality!

I believe most people were talking about actual compression and not lossless compression. I very much doubt that the audio is uncompressed if it's only 10gb. They probably go a little furthur than lossless compression. 

Yes

10GBs of music that might have been why the demo was 1GB most of it were sound files.50GBs on a disc you might aswell leave the sound uncompressed so you have Lossless quality.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

ion-storm said:
rubido said:
ion-storm said:

I believe most people were talking about actual compression and not lossless compression. I very much doubt that the audio is uncompressed if it's only 10gb. They probably go a little furthur than lossless compression.

Lossless compression is actual compression. What are you talking about? But yes, lossy compression does go further than lossless.

Kwaad said:
sieanr said:
Vocals would be one channel. Furthermore, even at a low bit rate (96kbs), vocals would still sound far better than acceptable.

ROFL. 96kbps... acceptable... You just lost all your credit.

Acceptable on a PS2 maybe. I would notch 96kbps as borderline for the Wii.

The PS3?

"Yeah, it looks beautiful, it looks so real. But t*e aud*o ca$t b( un@er&to#d, b^cau%e o! cr*# aud#*."

Ok. 

ROFL. 96kbs... for vocal... You just can't read at all.

Acceptable for current games maybe. But you are an expert.

The PS3?

"We need lossless compression for vocals! But it won't be a noticible difference. WH0 CARE5? //E H4VE C3LL!!!1!"

Ok.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"