By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Okami wins Edge Goty

Clover Stduio's game Okami has won the coveted Edge award at this years EIF. One of the most prestigious awards of the gaming industry.

A jury of 5 industry experts judged Okami to be the best fom the top 8 games of the past 12 months as nominated by Edge magazine.

Edge has become well known for its strict scoring, (only 5 games have ever gotten a perfect 10, and on average, less then 10 games a year get 9) meaning that any game nominated is usually well worth playing.

Around the Network

Shezam!

When did Okami come out...? Great game anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Came out Fall 06...

"A jury of 5 industry experts judged Okami to be the best fom the top 8 games of the past 12 months as nominated by Edge magazine."

Okami was my favorite game that came out last year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Edge is a UK magazine so they judge by EU release dates, which would make Okami a 2/07 game.

It is well worth it in my opinion as it is the best game I have played in the past 12 months.

Okami was one of the better games of last year, the sales were lackluster, but many a great games have had lackluster sales (Zone of the Enders 2, Marvel vs Capcom2) I need to put down Sigma and finish Okami, heh.

Can a ps2 game win GOTY 07? God of war 2 can it win it?

mM

yup Okami is truly one of the most amazing games I ever played. It was very innovative, creative, and most importanly fun. Ill give it a 9.5/10. The only reason not a 10 because it needs allittle more in variety of the enemies

PWNAGE1_FTW said:
Okami was one of the better games of last year, the sales were lackluster, but many a great games have had lackluster sales (Zone of the Enders 2, Marvel vs Capcom2) I need to put down Sigma and finish Okami, heh.

Meh, the sales weren't that bad. Vgchartz was just WAY OFF. In fact, if Vgchartz's Japan sales are correct, the game sold at least 400k copies.

It's God Hand that likely drove Clover under.