By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Sega portable game machine sold at Aldi

Wow, I just saw this at an Aldi in Germany for 30 Euros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVQAgXE10cY

http://www.sega-portal.de/blog/1037/mega-drive-portable-bei-aldi-sud-fur-2999-euro/

It has like 20 games on it, including some Sonic game and Golden Axe.

I never thought I would see a new Sega portable (actually manufactured by Millenium though).

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

coleco did this a year or 2 ago with the master system, anyway that is pretty interesting, I wonder if the hardware can be modded to have a cartridge port
a portable genesis /megadrive without the bulk or poor battery life of the nomad would be awesome

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one a few months ago.. funny little thing... wish it had more sonic games... only Sonic & Knuckles is on it.. but E-swat rules!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Seems these are the games:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Arrow Flash
Columns III
Crack Down
Decapattack
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
E-Swat
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco Jr.
The Revenge of Shinobi
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Jewel Master
Kidd Chameleon
Ristar
Shadow Dancer
Sonic & Knuckles

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

How much does it cost?

Around the Network

30 Euros

Hmm, then I can better wait for the X360/PS3 compilation who has +40 games an also cost 30 Euro.

It is a nice collectors product though.

Seems good for anyone who doesn't have a PS360 though.

or wants to play on the go.

I remember seeing the Coleco SMS units -- but never buying one.
It was amazing seeing two famous old-school gaming names together.
Knowing that they are not really related to the companies that brought out games under those names -- at least in the US (SMS was distributed by a front company for Sega owned by Tonka in the US -- or something like that).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV