By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 2 to be Released in 2010

that would be so lame if the wii 2 was some helmet like thing like in the picture. I don't think anyone wants that, although I could be mistaken.

Around the Network

I'm not shaving my head to play a video game.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

coolestguyever said:
that would be so lame if the wii 2 was some helmet like thing like in the picture. I don't think anyone wants that, although I could be mistaken.

No I do not want to shave my hair to play…

The N6 will be out when the Wii has been out for at least 6 years. I predict it will be out for 7 years.  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Creating a "helmet" would be the opposite of what Nintendo's expressed strategy is, which is to make gaming accessible, friendly and unintimidating so that anyone can have a try at video games.

Nothing screams scary tech and geek hell like a VR headset.

i doubt the Wii 2 will be out before 2012, more likely to be 2015 or 2016

Around the Network

Is it supposed to be thought controlled or something? What's with the head gear?

As mentioned, no way it will be that early unless it's just minor updates like maybe supporting DVD playback and making more storage available (so they can sell more wiiware).

Yes, there's nothing Nintendo wants more than to undercut the Wii's success by launching a new console.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Please start over and try again. This is weak. Nintendo's got money in the bag, the most unique thing they might do is release a DSLite esque wii. No wii 2 that early.