By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My nephew made out like a bandit and I blame Microsoft

ROTFLMAO...funny story! BTW, I got my nieces a 360 a couple of years ago, and this year, my sister got them a wiii...so yea, 360-Wii seems to be the sweet spot nowadays.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

At the very least, I have an excuse to see my nephew more often. 

I'm just saying...

That kid has an awfully nice uncle who tries to look out for him. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

axumblade said:
TWRoO said:

That's a lot of expensive presents.... Christmas is really getting overblown, especially in America. When I was that age the sum total of my presents at Christmas would have come to about the worth of 1 launch GameCube, and I am including presents from aunts/uncles/grandparents.

Unless kids are getting no pocket money these days instead?

(for reference, I got half of my launch GameCube paid for as one of my birthday presents, I paid for the other half [albeit using money given to me as pocket money])

Christmas has always been expensive depending on who you are. I know I had gotten all of my Nintendo consoles when I was a kid. I'll admit I was a spoiled brat. But it was always a great feeling opening up a new video game system/console.

Well I have only had 4 consoles.

Megadrive was 2nd hand, I bought it myself with 7 games and 2 controllers for £70

N64 was new (but not launch), bought for me in Sainsbury's for £75 as a birthday present

GameCube was new at launch, £70 was put towards it by my parents for my birthday, the remaining £60, plus money for Wave Race was my money.

The Wii I bought with my own money a couple of months after launch.

axumblade said:
TWRoO said:

That's a lot of expensive presents.... Christmas is really getting overblown, especially in America. When I was that age the sum total of my presents at Christmas would have come to about the worth of 1 launch GameCube, and I am including presents from aunts/uncles/grandparents.

Unless kids are getting no pocket money these days instead?

(for reference, I got half of my launch GameCube paid for as one of my birthday presents, I paid for the other half [albeit using money given to me as pocket money])

Christmas has always been expensive depending on who you are. I know I had gotten all of my Nintendo consoles when I was a kid. I'll admit I was a spoiled brat. But it was always a great feeling opening up a new video game system/console.

NINTENDO SIXTY-FOOOOOOOUR!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Around the Network

wait a minute doesn't the arcade sku come with 5 free arcade games and a sonic game
NOT kunFu panda and Lego Indiana Jones

JUST SAYIN

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

XGamer0611 said:
Actually, that means MS plan is working. This is exactly what they were hoping for.

Wii -> Can find it -> PS3 -> Too expensive -> 360 -> In stock and has many features and games the PS3 has. XBLA has a lot of kids titles.

Purchase = 360

No wonder the 360 is gaining momentum.

It'll definitely help Microsoft for people who are on the fence between the consoles, but generally, when one has one's heart set on a Wii, substitutes can't be accepted.

Certainly the kid'll be happy with a 360 as is, plus he got a Wii anyway, so he'll get the most diverse combination out there

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

otoniel said:
wait a minute doesn't the arcade sku come with 5 free arcade games and a sonic game
NOT kunFu panda and Lego Indiana Jones

JUST SAYIN

Interesting.  I haven't seen the Xbox that she gave him.  I am wonder if she got him the Pro instead of the Arcade?  I could have sworn he said he was playing Lego Indiana Jones on Christmas day when i was talking to him on the phone.  I didn't see him until that weekend when they came over for my side of the family Christmas/Birthday party.  That is when I gave him the Wii.  I didn't want to overshadow the 360 gift.  I offered to take it back and get him something else when she made the final decesion to just give him the 360, but she said he had it tough with his dead beat of a dead and being great in school that he deserve the Wii and 360. 

Maybe it was the Arcade and she bought him Lego Indiana Jones too.  I have to ask her, stay tune....

I'm just saying...

Man I wish I could've made out like that when I was a kid. That is awesome.

SW-5120-1900-6153

*sigh* the most i've ever gotten was 22 xbox games, an xbox, and like 4 ps2 games I wanted.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive