By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My nephew made out like a bandit and I blame Microsoft

Actually, that means MS plan is working. This is exactly what they were hoping for.

Wii -> Can find it -> PS3 -> Too expensive -> 360 -> In stock and has many features and games the PS3 has. XBLA has a lot of kids titles.

Purchase = 360

No wonder the 360 is gaining momentum.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

i honestly think she's a great mom for doing the best that she can.

my friend's kid has practically been begging for a wii for the past year, but he got him a ping pong table instead. he's more about being active (which i can respect), but it still makes me wonder about his decision.

it makes me appreciate being in a pretty good relationship that much more. if/when we have kids, i'll be able to give my input for the boys and my wife can have her say for the girls.

RPGJock said:
Oh course the kid is happy with having more presents. Who would be happy about more presents, except for that guy who got into a fight because he was given a Wii.

It was more of a mock post than anything else, though I think it was kind of crappy that sis couldn't just buy the stupid Wii off me and return the 360. I mean I know, she was prideful mother who got her son a console, whether he wanted it or not. I just saying that she could have asked me first if she wasn't sure. Its not like he never talked about or asked for the Wii. He was getting quite annoying toward end with the Wii talk, so kind of wtf when she complete ignored him and got him a 360 instead.

But your right twestern, he should be grateful in these troubling times (drink)...

Hell I should be grateful that i could give him a Wii in these troubling times (drink)

You know You sound a lot like my uncle and his usual response to me getting a N64 and PS1 on my Birthday and a Dreamcast for Christmas.... Very Bitter

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

mtofu said:
i honestly think she's a great mom for doing the best that she can.

QFT.

The 360 is a great gaming console anyway.  It may not exactly be what was on his list, but he'll easily have lots of fun with it.

That's a lot of expensive presents.... Christmas is really getting overblown, especially in America. When I was that age the sum total of my presents at Christmas would have come to about the worth of 1 launch GameCube, and I am including presents from aunts/uncles/grandparents.

Unless kids are getting no pocket money these days instead?

(for reference, I got half of my launch GameCube paid for as one of my birthday presents, I paid for the other half [albeit using money given to me as pocket money])

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
That's a lot of expensive presents.... Christmas is really getting overblown, especially in America. When I was that age the sum total of my presents at Christmas would have come to about the worth of 1 launch GameCube, and I am including presents from aunts/uncles/grandparents.

(for reference, I got half of my launch GameCube paid for as one of my birthday presents)

What is a lot of expensive presents?  A Wii and 360?

Words Of Wisdom said:
TWRoO said:

(for reference, I got half of my launch GameCube paid for as one of my birthday presents)

Thats $450.  And not including tax or games/accessories that is needed for it. 

At least I know he won't be getting Xbox Live Gold account, he doesn't have the internet.

I'm just saying...

Words Of Wisdom said:
TWRoO said:

In addition to DVDs and a DS yes..... like I said, we just don't spend that much for Christmas here, if I really wanted something paticularly expensive like a games console, it would generally be my only present except for a few chocolates or something.

TWRoO said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
TWRoO said:

In addition to DVDs and a DS yes..... like I said, we just don't spend that much for Christmas here, if I really wanted something paticularly expensive like a games console, it would generally be my only present except for a few chocolates or something.

Reread the OP.  That was his wishlish, not what he actually got.

Point taken.