By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen will be an even playing field, who do yuo think will win?

History indicates that Nintendo will be the market leader next generation, too.

Around the Network

nintendo will win the next one ut lose the one after that. that is the 2 gen rule

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

disolitude said:
bardicverse said:
Dunno. but what likely will happen:

MS - Motion controls, more digital distribution, creation of casual gaming division, Wireless N support
Sony - Motion controls, scaled back specs to save money, aim for cheapest console
Nintendo - HD support, Dolby Digital 5.1 addition, Wireless N support, internal HD, possibly the next evolution of motion sensing beyond the Wii

I don't know if bluray counts as "specs" but that is the sole reason that console is as expensive as it is. Sony got something wrong along the way when they were calculating the power of the PS3, adjsuted for inflation.

PS3 specs while impressive on paper have yet to show any visual advantage over its competition...and when you consider consoles one year later start...it really makes one wonder how things turned out as they did. Xbox and GC demolish the PS2 when it comes to specs, just like PS2 demolished the dreamcast. these things were evident from the moment those consoles launched.

I think sony needs to stop bundling the proprietary media formats that they own with future consoles. UMD was a huge mistake for PSP considering flash mamory is so cheap and Bluray is consting them for PS3.

true, but I guess what I mean is that, they might just reuse the PS3 processor instead of make a new one for their next system. As time goes on, the processor gets cheaper to produce, so they might just stick with it for the PS4.  I have a feeling that outside controls, there will be little new R&D for the PS4. I wonder if we get to use the "2 PS3's duct taped together" line.