By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen will be an even playing field, who do yuo think will win?

Microsoft have beaten Nintendo before, and it looks like they will beat Sony this time around too.

Nintendo are beating Sony and Microsoft at the minute

Sony have beaten Sega, Nintendo and Microsoft.

They all have the power to beat one another.

So this could be the situation...

Sony bring out an affordable gaming system. They don't repeat the same mistake.

Microsoft test their console to make sure another case of RROD isn't present.

Nintendo ...

You could say Nintendo are in the best position, and yes they will end up winning this gen with tens of millions ahead of the nearest rival. What incentive will there be to upgrade to Wii 2?

I'm sure Nintendo can come up with some new innovation but it will need to be more than just Wii HD. The *stereotyped* demographic of the Wii is women and children, now I'm sure a lot of guys own the Wii too but it MUST be said it appeals mostly to casual gaming. Nothing wrong with that I just cant see my sister (when she finally finds a Wii) bothering to upgrade just to get better graphics.

I think if the PS3 was cheaper from launch it would have obliterated the 360 from the get go. Because Sony fucked up, not only will they lose this gen to Microsoft but they have made next gen an even playing field.

If the next Nintendo system offers the same innovation the Wii has offered gamers I expect it to win. BUT if it is just Wii HD and some minor updates I can't see people abandoning their Wii so quickly. Microsoft and Sony will be more fierce next time around.

Just my thoughts, don't take it as gospel, we all have our own ideas/thoughts on the matter.

Around the Network

The gamers.

Words Of Wisdom said:
The gamers.

trying to win Diplomatic poster of the year award?

seece said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
The gamers.

trying to win Diplomatic poster of the year award?

If I was to win an award at this point... it definitely wouldn't be that one.  ^.~

Who is yuo? Is he a famous member of this site? Tell us yuo! Who will win! :P

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Dunno. but what likely will happen:

MS - Motion controls, more digital distribution, creation of casual gaming division, Wireless N support
Sony - Motion controls, scaled back specs to save money, aim for cheapest console
Nintendo - HD support, Dolby Digital 5.1 addition, Wireless N support, internal HD, possibly the next evolution of motion sensing beyond the Wii

NiKKoM said:
Who is yuo? Is he a famous member of this site? Tell us yuo! Who will win! :P

You just made me spit my coffee at the computer screen

Console supremacy seems to come in the power of two's (historically speaking)
NES then SNES, PS1 then PS2 - almost like there's a short-lived loyalty from new gamers at the time of large expansions in the market.

People who were introduced to gaming on NES were naturally driven to get SNES, Same with gamers that started with the playstation brand. Plus with every new generation is a new generation of kids that will be raised on the popular system - a new generation that will have a short-lived loyalty to the brand that got them started.

I'm thinking that unless Sony and MS pull out something really spectacular - Nintendo will have advantage going into the next gen. due to the popular public opinion that it's enjoying this gen.

i think that yuo must come here an explain all that

bardicverse said:
Dunno. but what likely will happen:

MS - Motion controls, more digital distribution, creation of casual gaming division, Wireless N support
Sony - Motion controls, scaled back specs to save money, aim for cheapest console
Nintendo - HD support, Dolby Digital 5.1 addition, Wireless N support, internal HD, possibly the next evolution of motion sensing beyond the Wii

I don't know if bluray counts as "specs" but that is the sole reason that console is as expensive as it is. Sony got something wrong along the way when they were calculating the power of the PS3, adjsuted for inflation.

PS3 specs while impressive on paper have yet to show any visual advantage over its competition...and when you consider consoles one year later start...it really makes one wonder how things turned out as they did. Xbox and GC demolish the PS2 when it comes to specs, just like PS2 demolished the dreamcast. these things were evident from the moment those consoles launched.

I think sony needs to stop bundling the proprietary media formats that they own with future consoles. UMD was a huge mistake for PSP considering flash mamory is so cheap and Bluray is consting them for PS3.