By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Two brand new Xbox 360 exclusive RPG's announced- full 360 RPG list inside

obamanian said:
NeoRatt said:
outlawauron said:
Magna Carta 2 is vaporware. And these lists is filled with much hope and games that are not really announced.

Just like the PS3 RPG lists...

People need to realize that only 5-7 of the RPG games will ship in a given year, 10 will be cancelled and the others delayed for another year.

Actually you are 100% wrong, MS has managed to deliver every single promised RPG to this date, only one got cancelled

All those RPG's mentioned herer have 99% chance to come out, if some are cancelled, will be 1-2 max

Tell which you think may be cancelled and we can talk about it further

because anyone can spread lies and assumptions like you, but can you start a real conversation with those lies and speculations and back them up ?

outlawauron said:
obamanian said:

RPGs coming in 2009 or 2010

Fable 2 expansions
Fallout 3 expansions

White Gold 
Overlord 2
Risen

Gothic 4 (we haven't heard anything from this one in over a year)
Lord of Shadows
The secret world (MMO) (also haven't heard anything from this one in over a year)
Aliens RPG (we haven't heard anything on this for over TWO years)
The Lord of the Rings: The White Council (this is cancelled)

And now two more are added

Magna Carta 2
New fantasy Action/RPG

Also rumored

Diablo 3
Knights of the old Republic 3
FF13vs
Jade Empire 2

Like those.

What's crossed out isn't a RPG at all. And DLC hardly counts as a RPG in of itself. The 360 already has some great RPGs coming, no need to buffer the list.

@ Riachu

It's just that games that you hear nothing about a year or two, there is something very wrong.

Risen is coming from Gothic 1-2-3 developers and is 100% a RPG

http://pc.ign.com/articles/897/897058p1.html

http://pc.ign.com/objects/958/958271.html

An RPG project by Deep Silver and the Piranha Bytes. In the game, the protagonist finds himself shipwrecked after a storm and finds himself on a mysterious island. An active volcano dominates the scene

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/43474/Risen-To-Rise-On-Xbox-360

Risen To Rise On Xbox 360

Previously PC-exclusive, Piranha Bytes' action-RPG will now also be released on the Xbox 360:

Deep Silver Inc., a publisher of interactive entertainment software and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Media, and Piranha Bytes today officially announced Risen for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The game, which is targeted at a mature audience, is expected to ship in 2009.
The epic role playing game is set in a medieval world on a volcanic Mediterranean island, The Risen story unfolds over four chapters and will offer multiple ways to develop the story by his own actions and decisions. An innovative and intuitive user control interface will support both casual and hardcore gamers. With full world streaming support, the player experiences no tedious loading of areas while playing in a fully simulated game world with authentic characters.

Lord of Shadows is a action/adventure/RPG hybrid, maybe not 100% RPG, but can still fit in RPG category

Overlord 2 can fit in RPG genre too, has skill, upgrades, magic, traps, quests, a connected world etc

White gold is 100% RPG, there is even trading in the game, a totally open world, quests, skills etc etc

So, actually you have no idea what you are talking about, 2 of those are 100% RPG's and the others have strong RPG elements, so they fit in light RPG category, like many other RPGs

Wait arent you Labwarrior from PS3forums.com? The same Labwarrior who left because everyone made fun of him because he kept hyping up Mediocre 360 games? Dog get a Life 360 has some good exclusives but stop fluffing up the List you suck

Around the Network
axumblade said:
obamanian said:
Phobos said:
Diablo 3 isn´t coming to any console:(

Blizzard said it some time ago.

Actually they lately confirmed that they will think about such a port, so lately beats some time ago

Consider also that Diablo 1 was on PS1

Also consider this, Diablo II wasn't. :p

I'd still get it for the PC over the 360. Not because of any bias against the 360 or because the PC is so much better, but because I would feel sentimental since Diablo II was the PC game I played more than any other PC game (followed by a long distance by Bomberman and The Sims).

I like to control the hero directly with a pad, so i would get the 360 version myself, even if i have already finished it on PC

I will buy it a 2ond time to play it with a pad

shio said:
obamanian said:
Ronster316 said:
360 is RPG and FPS king.....................

Next target............ the world.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is actually strategy game king as well, check the below PC/360 game, KUF2: Dominion

Kingdom Under Fire 2: Dominion

HD video
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7320_en.html

Pic

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8261/kuf2030nu6.jpg

PC is RPG king

PC is FPS king

PC is Strategy king

...oh wait, you guys are excluding the PC? meh.

Yes.... Just saying :-S

4 ≈ One

Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII???

I highly doubt both....

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII???

I highly doubt both....

Well, FF13 went to 360 and Diablo 1 to PS, so it would not be that strange

Fact is, FF13 seemed 1000x more impossible to come to 360, than FF13vs and Diablo 3 move to other systems

The impossible did happen

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Nice to meet you alt #45.

Also... lol @ Diablo 3 under "Also rumored"

Blizzard says they are looking at the consoles. Blizzard seems like the sort of computer elitist Valve/Bethesda like company that would skip the PS3 alltogether, so yes, it's not completely rediculious that the game could one day see a 360 release.

It's a bit of a reach...but he did put it under "rumor only" at least.

He obviously put a little bit of work into this thread, or at least copied and pasted someones work, so why troll and give him a hard time about it, just because you're biased and bitter against the 360, which is the only obvious reason I can assume, sir.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shio said:
obamanian said:
RPG said:
I amd not exclusive to the 360.......eh

Diablo 3 on consoles is damn hilarious though, people seem to forget what a power house Blizzard is in the gaming industry, PC alone has made them into monsters. Versus on 360 a rumour eh? Well if "PS3 worldwide exclusive" means "rumoured for 360" then looks like Fable 2 is going on PS3 for the giggles.

Actually FF13 was announced only for PS3 before it came to 360, Square has zero credibility in its "exclusive" announcements anymore

As for Diablo 3, do you realise that every single company is going to consoles ? Why would Blizzard miss the opportunity yo double their profit ? Also Diablo 1 was on PS, that is a fact you know, there is no way around it

Diablo 1's port was outsourced. And unlike Diablo 1, there is a reason for Diablo 3 not going to consoles: Battle.net.

The future version of Battle.net will give Blizzard way more money. If they ported the game to consoles, no dout it will not only eat away revenue from the PC version but also from Battle.net.

EDIT: There's also their "We only make excellent games" mantra, which no doubt could be against a console port since a Diablo 3 on console would be nowhere near as good as the PC version.

The game would be virtually identical graphically, simply because as you know, Blizz always keeps their requirements low, and instead innovates with artstyle. Any shmoe who can run WoW, will be playing Diablo 3 at 20 fps all day long.

Controls, of course, will be the largest barrier to a console port....it's Blizzard though. If they can't figure out how to port controls, then they've lost a step. Diablo isn't a rts. The controls are a lot more mappable.

As for the battle.net argument, well, I'm out of my depth there, so you might have a point.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

obamanian said:
Pristine20 said:
Everytime threads like this are created, I'm surprised at how many RPG fans there are yet they usually sell like shit. I guess people only like WRPGs nowadays or gaming forum goers are the hardest of the hardcore

Fact is, WRPG's are easier to advertise, that is all

For exmaple the right advertising got Lost Odyssey to 850.000+ and that game was a new IP from a totally unknown developer

Yeah, it´s mainly advertising, but still not many RPGs surpass the 1m barrier. Only a handfull of those announced and already released will be multi-million sellers. And that´s for both WRPGs and JRPGs.

obamanian said:
Diablo 3 is rumored for 360

http://dontletmedown11.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=418503

Would not surprise me one bit to see Diablo 3 announced for 360 at either GDC or E3. The ironic thing is someone i know actually mentioned that to me just after those teasers were proved to be D3. He said that "Diablo 3 would be awesome on live". And you have to sort of agree. If they can make it so you control your character with the analogue stick rather then having to click him then move him with the mouse it could be amazing. But as an exclusive i dunno, Activision/Blizzard love money, if they were going to release it for the consoles i just can't see it being just on 360. Unless MS opens the check book again..... But Phil Spencer (MS Boss) did say "We will be breaking the bank with new games being unveiled in 2009"

So it is possible. And seeing as MS posted profits as always they have a few extra billion sitting around.

Hyruken said:
obamanian said:
Diablo 3 is rumored for 360

http://dontletmedown11.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=418503

Would not surprise me one bit to see Diablo 3 announced for 360 at either GDC or E3. The ironic thing is someone i know actually mentioned that to me just after those teasers were proved to be D3. He said that "Diablo 3 would be awesome on live". And you have to sort of agree. If they can make it so you control your character with the analogue stick rather then having to click him then move him with the mouse it could be amazing. But as an exclusive i dunno, Activision/Blizzard love money, if they were going to release it for the consoles i just can't see it being just on 360. Unless MS opens the check book again..... But Phil Spencer (MS Boss) did say "We will be breaking the bank with new games being unveiled in 2009"

So it is possible. And seeing as MS posted profits as always they have a few extra billion sitting around.

I agree, Diablo 3 will probably come to both 360 and PS3, i see no reason why it would come to just one system and i never said will only come to 360 anyway, it is just rumored for 360