By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What creates a fanboy?

Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:
Well i have never seen myself in a fanboy position, because i just really love video games. I would never stop myself from getting a particular system just because i bought another one. All systems have great games, which offer different gaming experiences, so you would be limiting yourself by just being "loyal" to one particular system.
This generation, until december i had only a PS3, Wii and a PSP, I felt sad because of the great games i was missing out on the 360 and the DS, even today, one month after buying my 360, i'm still missing out on the DS. Hopefully i'll buy it in my birthday.
My point is, you should, if you can, try every kind of game, independently of the system that it comes to.

I really do love videogames. My ps3 moves with me whenever I stay anywhere for more than 2 days despite it's size because games are my primary form of entertainment. In many cases I find that most multi-console owners never even purchase all the games they want on one system before they buy a new one. In my case I still play my old games so I bought the ps3 for continuum. I then consider the other software available on my new format and just ignore  others at least until the rare case that some "super" game convinces me to buy another platform like Ninja Gaiden finally got me to buy an xbox.

I also still play my old games on my PS3, there are a lot of great classics out there, even with all the new games arriving each month. My PS3 was my main form of gaming for the last year and a half, used to go everywhere with it and my PSP also. I bought my wii mainly for Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros, but found that it had more great games also, and last month i finally got my 360 because of all the great RPG's it has and other great games also (Just finishing Gears 2 and i'm really enjoying the game).
I think there were few "super" games that conviced me to buy one particular console, mainly i buy them because of the quantity of quality games that come to them, the only exception being the N64, i bought that console the day OoT launched :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Doesn't seem particularly fanboyish to me. If he likes the Playstation but isn't interested in the Xbox, that's perfectly fine. Fanboyism is more the trashing other platforms, spreading FUD, rallying to the defense of a faceless multinational corporation, that sort of thing.

The bigger question is, "What creates people who use the word 'wack'?"

I guess it depends on how you define "fanboy". I define the term as someone who is passionate about the format they play on.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

lestatdark said:
Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:
Well i have never seen myself in a fanboy position, because i just really love video games. I would never stop myself from getting a particular system just because i bought another one. All systems have great games, which offer different gaming experiences, so you would be limiting yourself by just being "loyal" to one particular system.
This generation, until december i had only a PS3, Wii and a PSP, I felt sad because of the great games i was missing out on the 360 and the DS, even today, one month after buying my 360, i'm still missing out on the DS. Hopefully i'll buy it in my birthday.
My point is, you should, if you can, try every kind of game, independently of the system that it comes to.

I really do love videogames. My ps3 moves with me whenever I stay anywhere for more than 2 days despite it's size because games are my primary form of entertainment. In many cases I find that most multi-console owners never even purchase all the games they want on one system before they buy a new one. In my case I still play my old games so I bought the ps3 for continuum. I then consider the other software available on my new format and just ignore  others at least until the rare case that some "super" game convinces me to buy another platform like Ninja Gaiden finally got me to buy an xbox.

I also still play my old games on my PS3, there are a lot of great classics out there, even with all the new games arriving each month. My PS3 was my main form of gaming for the last year and a half, used to go everywhere with it and my PSP also. I bought my wii mainly for Zelda, Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros, but found that it had more great games also, and last month i finally got my 360 because of all the great RPG's it has and other great games also (Just finishing Gears 2 and i'm really enjoying the game).
I think there were few "super" games that conviced me to buy one particular console, mainly i buy them because of the quantity of quality games that come to them, the only exception being the N64, i bought that console the day OoT launched :D

Looks like we're alike. In my case the other consoles haven't had those games to send me to the shelves just yet lol. I finally got NG and an xbox about a year after NG released because I thought the game would come to ps2 because it seemed strange that a japanese dev just moved to the xbox. When it never came I just got both the system and the console and ended up buying a few other xbox games as well.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

anyone who bitches about a console they DONT own..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:
Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:

Looks like we're alike. In my case the other consoles haven't had those games to send me to the shelves just yet lol. I finally got NG and an xbox about a year after NG released because I thought the game would come to ps2 because it seemed strange that a japanese dev just moved to the xbox. When it never came I just got both the system and the console and ended up buying a few other xbox games as well.

What won me over for the XBOX was Panzer Dragoon Orta and HL:2 (I didn't have a PC that could run that game properly at that time) and also ended up buying other games for that console, although i bought less games for it than my GC and PS2, they were fun and entertaining ;) I have yet to try NG2 for the 360, i loved NG Sigma for the ps3, so i'm looking forward to playing that game, when i finish the 6 rpg's i have on my "to play" pile XDDD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:
Pristine20 said:
lestatdark said:

What won me over for the XBOX was Panzer Dragoon Orta and HL:2 (I didn't have a PC that could run that game properly at that time) and also ended up buying other games for that console, although i bought less games for it than my GC and PS2, they were fun and entertaining ;) I have yet to try NG2 for the 360, i loved NG Sigma for the ps3, so i'm looking forward to playing that game, when i finish the 6 rpg's i have on my "to play" pile XDDD

I'd love to play NG2 as well but it is not the "must-have" game that the original NG was to me. And as for JRPGs, I'm yet to complete the old PS backlog I still want to play so I never deemed the 360 necessary for that genre.