By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm surprised by WKC's week 2 #'s

mibuokami said:
Gogo WKC :) I was hoping that the online would catch like wildfire actually and give this game some legs... I was optimistically predicting 500k lifetime sales.

japan only?

i think it might do 400 K in japan(300K in 2 weeks)

Around the Network

There is a possibility that this could be the first (I believe) JRPG to break 1 million copies sold worldwide this generation.  Hopefully it receives decent receptions in the US and EU...I think there is a decent amount of hype for it in the US (for a jrpg)--lol, I know I'm pumped for it.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Looks great. If these numbers are true, and next week's drop isn't too drastic, it could potentially outsell Rogue Galaxy in Japan.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
But PS3 can't sell JRPG's!

Oh c'mon mrstickball...

Wait, you're not stickball!1!

SpartanFX said:
mibuokami said:
Gogo WKC :) I was hoping that the online would catch like wildfire actually and give this game some legs... I was optimistically predicting 500k lifetime sales.

japan only?

i think it might do 400 K in japan(300K in 2 weeks)

Yeah, the whole 'Monster Hunter' feel of the game had me hoping for some additional fuel... it probably won't reach 500k if I look at it critically, but my heart is full of hope for this. :)

Around the Network

sweet, this pleases me, I have looked forward to this game for quite awhile. I can't wait to get it.

this game has a phantasy star online style of online play, and guess what its free also. so this is a deffo 100% first day purchase for me.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
But PS3 can't sell JRPG's!

Bu, but, the difference in userbase!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

but but awesomeness

Check out my game about moles ^

I'm glad this isn't like Phantasy Star Universe, another JRPG with a single player and MMO-lite multiplayer mode, which got decent sales first week(120K) and bombed after.