By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can you make a rough estimate of how much you´ll spend on gaming this year?

So, 2009 is just starting and there are already several anticipated titles scheduled for release this year.

So far, this is what I´m planning on getting for the PS3 and Wii, the platforms I own.

PS3

Street Fighter IV

Killzone 2

Resident Evil 5

Heavy Rain

Uncharted 2

I´m not sure whether or not God of War 3, Bayonetta, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Team Ico´s PS3 game (whatever it is), the next R & C game and others will be released this year, so the ones listed will have to do for now.

Wii

MadWorld

Fatal Frame 4

WiiSports Resort

Conduit

Just like the PS3 games, I´m not sure if Muramasa Blade, Fragile and others will be released in the U.S this year.

Well, for PS3 games = $300...if the titles I´m not sure about are indeed released this year, then this jumps to $600

For Wii games = $200, but let´s say 4 or 5 more titles I turn out to be interested in are released this year, then $450

All in all, I´ll probably be spending between $1300--$1500....I´m sure more titles will come to surprise my $$$ in a big way, plus PSN and WiiWare titles, etc..

Around the Network

Hard to say without knowing all the future games coming out.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

well as of right now with the games we do know about i would say $600

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

PS3

Games

Street Fighter 4
Resident Evil 5
White Knight Chronicals
Heavy Rain
Killzone
MLB 09 The Show
NBA 2K10
Madden 2010
inFamous
Flower
Fat Princess
Nobi Nobi Boy
Call of Duty 5: Modern Warfare 2
Uncharted 2: Amoung Thieves
The Agency
Team Ico Game*
M.A.G.*
Assasins Creed 2*
Ratchet and Clank Future 2*
God of War 3*
Gran Turismo 5*
Yakuza 3*

$1200

DLC

Little Big Planet (anything that comes out)
Home (I plan to spend a lot on Home, if Sony brings stuff like arcades, games)

$???

PSP

Really depends on whether Sony makes all games downloadable or not. I will never buy another UMD, or Catridge. If these show up on PSN I will get them.

Resistance: Retrubution
Locoroco 2
Patapon 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Final Fantasy Disidia (spelling)
MLB 09 The Show
Pixel Junk Monsters
Gran Turismo Portable*

$350 (based on 40 a game)

Alan Wake
Halo Wars
Halo: ODTS

$190

Wii

Its all about what they bring to VC.

*Not sure it will come out.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

$100-$150
Thats how much will come out of my pocket TOPS. I'll still get to play all the games I want though. Ive got friends give em to me.=)

Around the Network

at least $1000, probably between $1500 - $2000

well...
killzone 2
ff13
gt5
god of war 3
heavy rain

$300

diablo 3
starcraft 2
natural selection 2?

$150

wireless keypad

$50

I will spend between $500 to $1000 on XBox 360 games this year.

I think roughly 100€ for a steering wheel with FF and pedals and another 100€ for games, as I still have some I bought in the past months I hadn't even time to start.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I figure all up $2000 NZD possibly more if I decide to get new computer hardware.