By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much money can HOME make for SONY in a year?

Anything is better than nothing. Maybe Sony took some notes from MS making money from XBL

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

The advertising market is pretty bad right now, just about all companies are cutting back. In game advertising is about as discretionary as it gets. The question isn't whether they can get advertisers, but how valuable the placements are.

Also, I wouldn't make estimates based on early numbers. People trying the system out for the first time are more likely to make purchases. Whether they will continue to purchase consistently over years is yet to be determined.

There is not enough information available to determine the profitability of Home at this time. Without knowing how much development, servers, administration, updates, etc. costs and without specific revenue numbers, you simply cannot say whether there is any profit.

this depends really on sony on how they keep it updated and the content they put in it.

25-50m but it depends if they add more fun things to do people will continue to use home.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

as home expands and more and more content arrives, it will do very well.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Don't know how we can estimate this.

4 ≈ One

what about the companies paying to advertise in home?

neotea said:
Yeah right now its too early to say homes make sony money or loses money since we are unsure of the total cost it takes to run home with maintence, bandwidth, servers and other misc fee taken into account.

doesnt cost sony anything, the ads make it free.

10M easy, that thing is insane. just wait till the 3rd parties start jump'n in the the home fray its gonna be ridiculus.

one question is sony updating home constantly or not?