By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: component cable

hey I had a question about the component cable for the Wii

I have a hd ready Tv well actually it's a pc monitor with inputs like Hdmi and scart and such 

resolution is 1650 x 1050 and it's 20 inch  well my question will i see a lot improvement or isnt it worth my money ?

ow and if someone has a good comparison screenshot or something please put it here beacause i could not find one where the screenshot itself was of good quality  

ps: i have the feeling my english is awful  hahaha

Around the Network

Definitely worth your money. Let's just say that I have a 32'' CRT TV (supports up to 720p), and even on this one the component cables drastically improved the colors and blurriness.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to support this, but it's really night and day.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yes I have to agree with NJ5. The screen looks far far brighter and more crisp with the component cables. Especially on games such as Super Mario Galaxy, the picture will be much better. Definitely worth it.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

One more thing: make sure to set the Wii to EDTV/HDTV mode (480p) after connecting the component cables.

Some people prefer 480i to 480p though. 480i is more blurry, 480p is sharper. However, even at 480i the component cables make for better colors.

i'm always pretty irritated if i play Fire Emblem radiant dawn. and with Zelda i feel that there should be a difference between that one and the gamecube version. (so i guessed it would be because of the cable) well anyway thanks !! and if someone stil finds some screenshots it would be appreciated ;)

Around the Network

it worth the money, the difference is mostly noticeable on big screens!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

martjuh ! said:
i'm always pretty irritated if i play Fire Emblem radiant dawn. and with Zelda i feel that there should be a difference between that one and the gamecube version. (so i guessed it would be because of the cable) well anyway thanks !! and if someone stil finds some screenshots it would be appreciated ;)

Don't expect much improvement on Zelda, from what I know the graphics were not much upgraded from the GC version.

hmm okay thats too bad a well there are a lot of others games :P

here:also, composite

and component

as i said before the difference is more noticeable on a large tv

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I bought one and I noticed huge difference.