By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't think that's Solid Snake in MGS4.

MGS4 is set in 2014 which is 5 years after the Tanker chapter in MGS2.
But look at "solid snake" in MGS4 and he has at least aged 30 years since MGS2. -White hair, wrinkles, etc.
Not to mention technology also seems to have progressed a great deal in 5 years.

Also Otacon, Meryl, Vamp all look near the same age as they did in their respective debut games so then it makes me think that Solid Snake isn't Solid snake at all, but is actually Big Boss -Hence why he was standing at the graveyard reminiscent of MGS3's ending and why he looks much older. Sure, he died at Zanzibar or so we know but knowing Kojima he'll throw a plot twist in to explain it all.

Around the Network

I thought i read something somewhere about how snake got infected or something with a disease that made him grow old fast?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Wha if thats snake's father!!!

mM

Solid Snake is a clone.. his DNA ages fast.. so he gets old fast...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

leo-j said:
Wha if thats snake's father!!!

Big Boss IS Snakes father -Or at least he was cloned from Big Boss.

And infected with a disease, I didn't hear that? I know FOXDIE will be unleashed on the battlefield but others including Meryl have been infected by it and they don't look old.

Around the Network

In one of the trailers raiden says "My turn to protect you snake" like they've encountered each other before.

isn't cloning humans illegal.... ???

ok I go out.... lol :)

ssj12 said:

Yeah, I also figured this was the reason. In laymens' terms, basically a clone's DNA is the same age as the DNA of the person who got cloned. This is the reason why scientists believe that original cloned sheep died so quickly. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Er... it's exactly what ssj12 said. It's because when 'them' took the samples from Big Boss, he was in his 50's. He was old material.

That's why Solidus looked so old on MGS2, but in his case he aged faster than Liquid and Solid. Also Solid looked like he aged ten years in the two year lapsus between the tanker incident and the plant incident in the same game.

ssj12 said:

OHHH thats how.

Sorry guys didnt know what had caused him, i just knew that something was wrong with him and he was growing old

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.