By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HD: LCD or PLASMA - which is better for gaming? what do you use!

Well, I just bought a 42" 720p Panasonic Plasma. I'll tell you later my impressions with the Wii without component cables.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

i have LCD

How can so many people recommend LCD over plasma??

A plasma if it's 1080p is superior.

EDIT: what I mean is that the (usually) higher resolution of LCDs is their only selling point over plasma, since many plasma TVs still are only 720p.

Arius Dion said:

Very helpful thread and great info. I was thinking of going with a 37 inch Samsung LCD but was sort of fence for which was better for the Wii Plasma or LCD. Ima go with the LCD.

Whats so bad about DLP? store clerks at best buy always say how its the best?

With DLP, especially Rear-projection, the viewing angles are TERRIBLE. I know, as my neighbor got a rear-projection DLP awhile ago... Let me put it this way: If you aren't at a relatively near-level viewing, then you won't be able to see anything. No sitting on the floor, no standing up, ect.

List of DLP cons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLP#Cons

I use a 40" 1080p LCD and its awesome! That table in the OP really makes LCD sound awesome! I've always had this over hanging feeling, from all the lcd myths, that plasma would be better, but in Aus good plasmas are so expensive so I opted for the $2,500 (cheaper) LCD which looked really good in the shop XD and even better at home! lol And the only thing I notice is the black of the screen isnt as dark as the black casing of the TV, but thats only noticable in darker images, but on a normal image the black is very black against the other colours, so I dont mind one bit! But I dont think any TV will show black with out some sort of back light illumination, so a black black would be impossible right???

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network

I would go with LCD because of the lack of burn in and longer life. It sounds like plasma's are getting better, and are also bigger which is nice.

LCD is the way to go. Watch it with the resolutions when purchasing a TV. Make sure that the 720p TV you're buying is at least 1280x720 never buy resolutions lower then that for 720p. I would go 1080p since they are cheaper now. I just got a 42" Sony Bravia 1080p and I love it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus