Forums - PC Discussion - Warcraft 3 - DOTA

Abaddon ALL THE WAY. He is a beast and he will rip you a new one.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Yeah i've only played on LAN with mates which is awesome. Never played against any one else but playing with friends is great. I can see how it would be ruined by the kind of people you guys have mentioned but if you get a good group of people together then it can be a lot of fun.

the real problem people hate on noobs is that they (noobs) join games that have the word ''pro'' on the title.

Used to be into it. Stable team, training sessions and voicechat, the whole package.

Learn the ropes in pubbie, then learn the channels/forums/places where private games are set and go there instead. It'll be hard at first because many people there are seasoned, but it's the place to really learn the game.

If you play in euro server, there used to be a channel to setup games, monitored by a clan with some ex-ONI in there (ONI and WARD where the top RoC DOTA clans).

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I never understood why DotA was so popular- or even got to that point. It's your run of the mill Hero Wars kind of game. Units pouring from both sides, with controllable heroes.

I've played Battle Tanks, Hero Wars, Hero Line Wars, Battelships, RotTK, DotA... It's all the same. Control your hero, gain control of check points where you can heal and resupply troops, use items to your advantage...

What bothers me is that I've actually met some people who asked me if I played DotA, and when I said "No I play actual Warcraft 3" they looked at me funny as if they didn't know what I was talking about. Some people own War3 just for DotA.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network
Shadow)OS said:
I never understood why DotA was so popular- or even got to that point. It's your run of the mill Hero Wars kind of game. Units pouring from both sides, with controllable heroes.

I've played Battle Tanks, Hero Wars, Hero Line Wars, Battelships, RotTK, DotA... It's all the same. Control your hero, gain control of check points where you can heal and resupply troops, use items to your advantage...

What bothers me is that I've actually met some people who asked me if I played DotA, and when I said "No I play actual Warcraft 3" they looked at me funny as if they didn't know what I was talking about. Some people own War3 just for DotA.

There's... certain depth to DOTA. I'd ask you to give it a honest try, but as most "omglulz i play teh r3al wc3 lawl" peeps you won't give it a chance =)

The mod is certainly fun, but the game just loses all the charm when you find out everybody is out there maphacking. It really screws the whole thing.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

i think id rather stick with my Gem TD

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)