By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Warcraft 3 - DOTA

Hey all. Just wondering what everyone's opinion on this game is. I've recently just started playing it and it's really good.

For anyone who doesn't know what DOTA is it stands for Defence of the Ancients and it's a Warcraft 3 map or mod. It's essentially a co-op game (5v5 max but you can play 1v1) and you each choose a hero from the warcraft world (many are in world of warcraft today) and you battle it out against other players or bots to destroy the others town. Theres a levelling system and items you buy too to enhance your character's abilities. There's something like 90+ characters to choose from so there's plently of replayability. It's hard to explain what it is - you really need to play it for a bit to understand it all.

In all my years of gaming i've only just found out about it through a friend but apparently it's huge and still played at many LAN's around the world. There's even a song by Basshunter about DOTA as well.

Just interested to see people's opinions on the game and whether they've played it/like it etc.

For a more thorough description of the game go to: http://www.dota-allstars.com/

Around the Network

It's pretty good, but those people are so serious about it. If you make any mistakes, they are all over you. If you have to leave for any reason, they put you on the ban list. If you aren't good, you get a reputation.

It's worse on Reign of Chaos because it's a small community. I've tried Frozen Throne, but got kicked constantly because they don't want dlers.

I don't know, I mostly play Hero Wars and I enjoy that a bit more - It's a bit simpler and more relaxed.

Yeah, I dislike playing the game because of the delusional stuck up douchebags that are ban happy. There's no room for fun because to them its a
SERIOUS GAME.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

I play it when I can. I rock Leo and Brood.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

it's not that big of a deal to get banned, it's only a local banlist. DOTA is fun if you get a friend to host the games or do it yourself. Teamwork is the best part of dota, so playing in pubs isn't as good.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

You wanna know how I feel about DotA? You really wanna know?!

Seriously though, it's an alright game. Played it a couple times, was called obscene things, enjoyed the time I played with my roommate, and was called more obscene things. Life goes on.

Although it's kind of sad that this game has taken over Custom Games. Finding a Maul is getting harder and harder these days, and it makes me one sad panda.

Nah, don't like it, I play Naruto Shinobi Wars on TFT,(pretty much DOTA but with Naruto characters)

it's awesome, but I hate how it often takes many tries to actually get a good game going, as people quit if they get bad hero choices, or quit if they die first, or just quit for no reason....

you guys need to understand that noobs can easily ruin a game. 1 noob is likely the difference between a close battle and a slaughter. If 1 person feeds the other team the game can be ruined easily. Whether you have a good excuse or not 1 person leaving the game can also ruin a game. It sucks when you've put 30-60 minutes into making a great hero then some moron leaves the game, who is usually followed by another leaver, then the whole team leaves.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
you guys need to understand that noobs can easily ruin a game. 1 noob is likely the difference between a close battle and a slaughter. If 1 person feeds the other team the game can be ruined easily. Whether you have a good excuse or not 1 person leaving the game can also ruin a game. It sucks when you've put 30-60 minutes into making a great hero then some moron leaves the game, who is usually followed by another leaver, then the whole team leaves.

wow it took forver for the page to load. anyway yeah in cs its like that too. and sc.