By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Old games you used to love but have not aged well

Mario 64 did not age well for me.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Streets of Rage...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

What?! How can Goldeneye age badly? It's timeless! The graphics still look great and run fluidly smooth and the gameplay is still absolutely perfect. Bah, you dissapoint me! :P

Anyway, for games I once loved that ain't done too well against time... hmm... that's a hard one, I can love any game and continue to love it, old visuals mean nothing (it's about taking yourself back to the time the game was huge, not about playing it to today's standards, although some are still better anyway)!

... I can't think!

i think you guys got it all wrong.

IMO video games in general were ALOT more fun to play as children...its just the few who still love the games as much as they loved them as kids are hardcore fans.

me? i feel my video game playing days are slowly diminshing but i do love me some games tho..just not as much when me and my brothers used to play as children.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Really, most any early N64/PS1 game is going to have aged poorly. 3D graphics still hadn't gotten to the point where they didn't give you a headache. Mario 64 squeaks by, but barely.

To my mind, most NES- and SNES-era games have aged fairly well. Nothing feels horribly outdated that didn't feel horribly outdated by the end of the SNES' lifespan.

I did something similar myself recently, actually. We hooked up the N64 and played some Mario Kart, and I was struck by how ridiculously superior the DS version is.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy -- all of them -- have aged very poorly for me.

Tetris has aged extremely well.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

The other day i busted out the N64 to play it because i had no other consoles at my parents house and i tried to put in mario golf or mario tennis but i couldnt get myself to do it and unhooked it right then and there so N64 games for me =(
tho if i had goldeneye i woulda played it but since my older brother pawned it i couldnt

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Goldeneye and FFVII...I can hardly play either without wondering how I thought those were the best graphics ever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Goldeneye and Kid Icarus. I can't play Kid Icarus for more than 5 minutes now, without getting a headache.

And whoever said Half-life, seriously that game never gets old.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Ridge racer 1/2/rave racer, i put those on a while ago and not only are the graphics terrible, its like driving a bar of soap across an ice rink.

Killer instinct, graphics havnt aged that badly untill they start moving, the gameplay seems rubbish now tho.

I agree that FFVII looks incredibly poor on the realtime 3D, but i remember thinking they were a little poor even back then, its the story and characters that make that game timeless.