By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console percentage usage, 360>wii>ps3

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
TWRoO said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
leo-j said:
Id love to know how they measure these "Statistics"

Same, i call HorseSh*T otherwise.

Call horseshit all you want, but userbase is a big factor in this..... the PS3 userbase is half that of the Wii and 360s, so the average PS3 user uses it about the same amount of time as the X360 (although I don't believe it differentiates for Blu-Ray and games)

True, theres no doubt both the Wii and 360 have a larger user base at the moment.

But...theres still no legit proof on this its more like a guess.

Not that i care who plays what, but it seems off even if it is by a little bit.

the PS3 is the least played of the current generation consoles. Gt used to it.

Around the Network
Batman...WTF? said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
TWRoO said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
leo-j said:

Call horseshit all you want, but userbase is a big factor in this..... the PS3 userbase is half that of the Wii and 360s, so the average PS3 user uses it about the same amount of time as the X360 (although I don't believe it differentiates for Blu-Ray and games)

True, theres no doubt both the Wii and 360 have a larger user base at the moment.

Show me legit proof.

Nielsen pulls the numbers straight form their ass, in my recent survey atari2600 gets 90% play time of all people polled.

I'm amazed at how difficult it is for some people to accept data which contains nothing surprising...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Batman...WTF? said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
TWRoO said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
leo-j said:

Show me legit proof.

Just look at the first page. Then, if that doesn't convince you, think about it. PS3 is the least bought of the 3 current generation consoles. Therefore, it is logical that the Wii is played more than it, since its more than doubling the PS3 userbase. 360 is harder to explain, but I'm going to have to go with a better, IMO, online experience with games like Halo 3, Gears of War and GoW2. That and it has a larger userbase than the PS3 as well. Unless PS3 users are packing 10 hours+ a day, it wasn't likely to surpass either of these consoles. You don't need proof, it's just common sense.

Around the Network

True, but to claim it in exact order is BS unless you have telekinetic powers which this so called "report" does.

Overall its silly to conclued something just by "Assumeing" get what im saying?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
True, but to claim it in exact order is BS unless you have telekinetic powers which this so called "report" does.

Overall its silly to conclued something just by "Assumeing" get what im saying?

Well, yes exact order is ridiculous, but if you look at what I said, I wasn't assuming anything. I pointed out the obvious.

- ignore

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Remember that this is US usage only.

If we assume that percentage used = k * install base. Where k is a constant for a console in any region.

ie for the 360
k = 1.12

for the Wii
k = 0.69

for the PS3
k = 1

Then multiply these values of k by the global installed base for each console we get non normalized relative amounts of usage.

Worldwide usage
360 = 29.66
Wii = 30.22
PS3 = 18.82
Note that these are not percentages, but relative numbers. They are also approximations made by me. Add 1 grain of salt and take.

NJ5 said:
I'm amazed at how difficult it is for some people to accept data which contains nothing surprising...

i know, some people cant just accept these things