By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console percentage usage, 360>wii>ps3

leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
Id love to know how they measure these "Statistics"

http://www.nielsen.com/solutions/games.html

We gather our data through the National TV home panels, the Nielsen Online (formerly NetRatings) MegaPanel, as well as through weekly survey data of active gamers.

Survey= no credibility at all

Same.  They give a general idea but nothing concrete.  My main problem with it is everybody lies.  That an a minority is used to represent a majority.  An I mean a very small minority used to represent a very large majority.  Just not right.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
Id love to know how they measure these "Statistics"

http://www.nielsen.com/solutions/games.html

We gather our data through the National TV home panels, the Nielsen Online (formerly NetRatings) MegaPanel, as well as through weekly survey data of active gamers.

Survey= no credibility at all

Within a couple of years the Neilsen system will have the perfect measure of use for Televisions and rated electronics. I went on their website to check out their ratings system a year ago. I hadn't signed up for a thing. A week later a Neilsen salesman was at my house trying to give me a free monitor box for my television set and was willing to pay me $25 to take it. This monitor box had a button for every member of the family and you had to press it daily so it can monitor your viewing. Of course I didn't take it, but this should give you some idea of how serious these guys are. They will know what TV shows you watch, how much of the games you play, your favorite channels everything. They want to know how you think at all times of the day as far as connected consumer electronics.

^^
That's a bit unnerving in a way.

izaaz101 said:
^^
That's a bit unnerving in a way.

Yeah, thats what I thought when it happened to me.

32% and 10% of ps2 and xbox users respectively are still playing with last gen console. That's huge potential sales for pswii60. Now, it's up to sony nintendo or microsoft to woo those last gen gamers.

Around the Network

I wonder how they are really getting this data.

leo-j said:
Alright this is fucking pathetic, sega4life and STAGE dont even own a ps3, they own 360's idk why in the world they are trying to bash the console.

LMFAO dude.. my PSN tag is in my Sig.

I own a 60gig (now 100gig) Day 1 PS3. (waited 38 hours in line in front of a Wal*Mart for it. Also waited 12 hours for my PS2, was First in line)

But thanks for assuming I don't own a PS3.. I mean whatever makes you feel better..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

leo-j said:
Alright this is fucking pathetic, sega4life and STAGE dont even own a ps3, they own 360's idk why in the world they are trying to bash the console.

dude chill out, youre always the one to get pissed at everything

lol funny, my Console percentage usage Wii > Xbox 360 ( Almost never touch it again after GOW2.)

sega4life said:
leo-j said:

LMFAO dude.. my PSN tag is in my Sig.

I own a 60gig (now 100gig) Day 1 PS3. (waited 38 hours in line in front of a Wal*Mart for it. Also waited 12 hours for my PS2, was First in line)

But thanks for assuming I don't own a PS3.. I mean whatever makes you feel better..

I dunno what he's talking about either.