By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz, brought to you by Resident Evil Degeneration

midwinter said:

I do support the use of ads. I agree with Nord Lead that this is how the site is paid for and they are necessary.

I know that certain ads lock up my work laptop because they are malicious or just poorly programmed. My security software blocks the site and then I can't browse and post all day. Other than that they don't really impact me.

well, please report problem ads to ioi, with information on country, and what the problem is (more details the better). ioi has been trying his best to remove problematic ads, but can't without knowing which are causing problems.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I have stated before I would gladly pay for a site without ads.

Gladly.

Yeah, I have the SHeur2 and Generic12 trojans now. They keep opening up websites in new windows. It's kind of annoying.

DMeisterJ said:

Gladly.

VGChartz store. Consider it a gift for yourself, and a donation to the website.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:

Gladly.

If I buy a 50 dollar game off of Amazon, ioi gets between $2.50 and $4.00

If I donated directly to the sites Paypal account 20 bucks ioi gets 20 buicks.

I mean, really, which choice is better?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:

Gladly.

If I buy a 50 dollar game off of Amazon, ioi gets between $2.50 and $4.00

If I donated directly to the sites Paypal account 20 bucks ioi gets 20 buicks.

I mean, really, which choice is better?

If had bought your PS3 on Amazon through VGChartz, you would have donated anywhere from $16-32. Had you bought 1-2 games with it, you could probably bump that up to $20-40.

How often do you plan on donating said $20? If you buy 1 game per month, through the site (used or new) you will probably end up giving more to VGChartz.

Now I'm not saying a donate button wouldn't be useful, but not many people will use it (i know from another website with a bigger active member size, and every active member had a job (driving age and older only)). I won't, since I donate enough time and buy enough stuff through the VGChartz store. Also, if memory serves me correct, ioi does not want to go to a paid site, or even have a donate button, so the VGChartz store is the best thing you can get.

DMeisterJ said:

Gladly.

What if there was a premium members only section?  That way, premium members pay like a $40 a year fee, but get a lot of cool stuff that non-premium members don't get.  The website beneifts because it gets alot of dough from the amazon gig as well as the paid member gig and then the number of ads could be downsized.  I can see the reason why the ads are up, but I have to agree that it slows the site down.

I have no problems with the ads. And i run a general firefox. As long as i don't get pop ups i don't mind.

Check out my game about moles ^

Gobias said:

You got me beat;

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=10015

I mean damn, -$11,000?!

no, see, my amount is +$796.93

I hope your next reply is on topic, I'd hate to have to report you being off topic and trolling. BTW, how does your computer handle this site?

everything is on, and everything is fine. There are probably 1-2 ads that slow down my machine, but I haven't payed attention much.