By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Pilotwings Returning on Wii?

Fingers crossed...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Hmmm... wonder if this is the secret project that 'Monster Games' (ExciteTruck guys) are working on? The tech from ExciteTruck (terrain deformation, large, open levels, physics) seems ideal for this sort of game.

I also think they did a fantastic job on ExciteTruck - enough to allow Ninty to trust them with PilotWings... hmmm...

I'll be stoked if this is it...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Declan said:
@amp316.

Yes, that's right - release 4 of your biggest remainig franchises at the same time. Can't think of any business reason at all why they wouldn't do that.

Because Nintendo didn't do that last spring or winter? I feel like Nintendo has been releasing their franchises in waves. It seems like a weird strategy and it leads to holiday seasons where there are NO big releases but nintendo still does it.

Regardless, I'm not gonna get my hopes up as too manyof these rumors prove for naught.

Its true.  Check outa screenshot of the title screen

^^^ LMAO good one! Teh screenshotz never lie!!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Pilotwings, Punch-Out and Pikmin 3

2009 will be the year of awesome P games if this turns out to be true.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Is this confirmation from a french site that said quote, "An air hole to be filled soon if we are to believe the information from us."

I dk what to say to say about that.

@Nightdragon, Dude you got to see SkyCrawlers vids on youtube. That game is friggin amazing for controls, really well thought out and perfect for wiimote and nunchuk.

Whether there is a US release though, who knows.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

well there is a 40 person skeleton crew left at F5 isn't there? Whats to say that their not still finishing a game.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
well there is a 40 person skeleton crew left at F5 isn't there? Whats to say that their not still finishing a game.

wasn’t that Free Fadical?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

yays if it is true. i didn't really play the n64 pilot wings much (i think i rented it once) but i loved the snes version.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k