By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2007 vs 2008 holiday software sales (per console and per company)

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Expected decline for PS2, ouch for PSP, good results for every other console, but there is another thing:
aren't those huge Wii sales almost all first party? Nintendo is doing incredibly well either with HW and SW.
Hey, with all that cash, why don't they buy Yahoo?

Oyv already worked it out for you, they are 40% first party..... so 3rd parties have about 60 million sales on Wii + DS, still more than Sony or MS (and that's not taking out their 1st party games)

I just worked out Sony's share.
Sony 1st party over the last 7 weeks ~7,475k, which is about 18%

And Microsoft actually has more share, which wouldn't normally happen but this includes Gears 2
MS 1st party over the last 7 weeks ~8,501k, which is about 20.5%

--------

So if you are calling the third party card:

Nintendo: ~61 million
Sony: ~33.5 million
MS: ~33 million

Around the Network

^^Looking at charts I thought even more, anyway 40% of the biggest pie is really a lot for Nintendo... While 60% for third party should prove wrong jinxes saying Nintendo is making third parties run away. So for last gen, bar PSP, SW results are good for everyone, not bad considering the crisis.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nothing terribly surprising here, but an excellent summary overall. Thanks for the thread, NJ5.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)