By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Why Nintendo Has Been Holding Back

The only thing I know about current Nintendo internal development (EAD) is that we don't know anything about it except for Wii Sports Resorts ( well and that a new Pikmin is in development thanks to Miyamoto ).

Nothing else is known officially.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

thats a good theory, the other possibility is nintendo doesn't have that many good franchises.

I'm not here to troll I'm being serious. Like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid kick ass but theres 2+ years between each of the sequels these series. When there isn't a big game coming out like i just named then there seems to be lame casual games.

Whatever Nintendo is doing they should just keep doing, its working.

@BigJon: LOL. You're right. But this gen it's different since it's quite hard to explain how a game can be "kiddy" at the same time when "soccer moms" and "grandmas" are playing the game. Also, notice the moving goal post about how "Nintendo is tapping the previously untapped female gamer market", which is quite funny, since the "life sim" games, as well as WoW (which isn't that different from life sims) have been popular among females for years. Singstar and DDR were to teenage girls what Guitar Hero was to teenage boys. Girls under ten years old don't have much different gaming habits from boys the same age, puzzle games appeal to both sexes equally, and if we dig it deeper, i believe we can find more examples (i'll throw JRPG:s here as a bonus).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

coolestguyever said:
thats a good theory, the other possibility is nintendo doesn't have that many good franchises.

I'm not here to troll I'm being serious. Like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid kick ass but theres 2+ years between each of the sequels these series. When there isn't a big game coming out like i just named then there seems to be lame casual games.

Whatever Nintendo is doing they should just keep doing, its working.

You're not trolling, just in need of actually looking up Nintendo's franchises. For one thing, you didn't list Smash Bros, which in itself gives a good indication of Nintendo's substantial fanchise library.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

CAN SOMEONE IP BAN ME?