By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom to give major "Support" to the PSP in 09.

PSPFBNews: "Is the game drought over? We hope so. Capcom's John Diamonon hinted at increased PSP support in 2009 in a recent post on the PlayStation.Blog. "So what's in store for 09? Well, I'm working with Grace and Ro at SCEA to come up with some innovative ways we can offer games and programs on the PlayStation Store. You can expect to see a whole slew of downloadable PSP and PSone titles from our vault next year."

Capcom has released a number of great PSP games which we'd love to see re-released on the PlayStation Store. Mega Man Powered Up, anyone? However, their PSone offerings have us even more excited. Let's not forget that they released Breath of Fire, Marvel vs. Capcom, a whole slew of Mega Man games, Resident Evil and Street Fighter games during the PSone era. Having them on the go would be perfect."

Around the Network

a new MH?

Let's hope for a Resident Evil Portable or what about an Ace Attorney game? That would be great ^__^

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Downloadable PSP games, euuggghhh... where are my retail games??? Stupid Pirates...

I can't imagine why they'd want to support a console with virtually no software market outside of Japan. I imagine they're talking about Monster Hunter Unite.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
I can't imagine why they'd want to support a console with virtually no software market outside of Japan. I imagine they're talking about Monster Hunter Unite.

Why? Because they earn the most money with the PSP...

do you think these games would be on the ps3 store aswell

Kingsora_be said:
Onimusha12 said:

Why? Because they earn the most money with the PSP...

Because of Monster Hunter?

So by your assertion we can assume they're just going to put more of what sells on the PSP, which is Monster Hunter. Regardless, this will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Considering most of their resources are tied up in RE5 we haven't been seeing much put on the consoles period so its no surprise handhelds like the DS & PSP produce higher turn around with smaller budget faster to produce games.

Downloadable games and virtualware is the new trend for massive companies who have been rendered imobile by banking too much in massive HD projects that gobble up their resources for long periords of time. They need some avenue of manuverability and adaptability. More importantly, they need cheap and fast income to prevent going into the red. I guess this makes sense for Capcom considering they've also been forced to start outsourcing projects to independent developers.

This isn't surprising--Capcom, above all others, have been the most platform-agnostic third party. NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Playstation, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Gear, PS2, Gamecube, DS, PSP, and all current-gen platforms have gotten lots of love from them.

Only black mark, really, is the original Xbox.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Nothing says major "support" like another Monster Hunter game. :D