By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - best video game's controller

Batman...WTF? said:
xlost7 said:
The Playstation controller is the best ever. The whole configuration when it didn't have analog sticks just made my gaming experience better.

Still to this day, its my favorite controller!

umm... I don't really see how that is much different from the SNES controller... I mean, the PS controller was modeled off of the SNES controller. Do  you just like the handles?

First and foremost I never once held a SNES in my hand once. So I wouldn't know,by the pictures it does look like the Playstation controller. I remember Sony and Nintendo was suppose to make a console together but it was scrapped and Sony went their own route which most of the specs that was supposed to be for the Nintendo/Sony console was used in the Playstation.

That's what I remember, and besides I'm not flaming or anything but if the Playstation controller is anything like the SNES then I like the SNES its the best controller ever :)

Is that better ?

Around the Network

1. Sega Genesis (6 button) gamepad

2. Sega Saturn Gamepad

3. Xbox 360 controller

4. Super Nintendo controller

5. Dualshock 2/Gamecube Controller tie

Note:  This list is purposefully excluding a lot of fantastic third party PC gamepads.

the playstation controller. Dualshock is just amazing.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Sixaxis - light weight

The Wii-mote plus Nunchuk combo or Classic controller are great. The Dualshock is also pretty good. Just stay away from any non-wireless controllers, the Sixaxis, and all of the Xbox 360 controllers as they are not very good (at least compared to the 3 controllers I mentioned).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

1) Wiimote and Nunchuck
2) Gamecube
3) SNES (most modern controllers pull their design from this one)
4) Xbox 360
5) N64 (I want to put it higher because of the anolog stick, but I have a few issues with it)
6) Xbox - the small one
7) Dualshock 2
8) Dualshock 1
9) original PS controller
10) NES (a classic, but there have been so many improvments)
11) Xbox - the big one
12) Atari

I think that is all of the contollers I have spent a considerable amount of time with.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

xlost7 said:
Batman...WTF? said:
xlost7 said:
The Playstation controller is the best ever. The whole configuration when it didn't have analog sticks just made my gaming experience better.

Still to this day, its my favorite controller!

umm... I don't really see how that is much different from the SNES controller... I mean, the PS controller was modeled off of the SNES controller. Do  you just like the handles?

First and foremost I never once held a SNES in my hand once. So I wouldn't know,by the pictures it does look like the Playstation controller. I remember Sony and Nintendo was suppose to make a console together but it was scrapped and Sony went their own route which most of the specs that was supposed to be for the Nintendo/Sony console was used in the Playstation.

That's what I remember, and besides I'm not flaming or anything but if the Playstation controller is anything like the SNES then I like the SNES its the best controller ever :)

Is that better ?

O.k Didn't know how old you were.

theRepublic said:
1) Wiimote and Nunchuck
2) Gamecube
3) SNES (most modern controllers pull their design from this one)
4) Xbox 360
5) N64 (I want to put it higher because of the anolog stick, but I have a few issues with it)
6) Xbox - the small one
7) Dualshock 2
8) Dualshock 1
9) original PS controller
10) NES (a classic, but there have been so many improvments)
11) Xbox - the big one
12) Atari

I think that is all of the contollers I have spent a considerable amount of time with.

No Keyboard and mouse?

Perfect Match to Game - Wiimote and Wheel for Mario Kart
Favorite Shooter- Wii Zapper
Best General Purpose - Wiimote & Nunchuck
Best non-motion - Wavebird
Best PC (FPS) - Belkin Nostromous n52

the Playstation dual shocks