By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ESRB breakdown for the big 3

You should have specified that if you wanted it, although I note that I should not have included the DS.  I'll be back with the modified numbers. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

steven787 why no T games, nintendo lacks them its only 6% of their stuff.

Fable is a M rated.

Hus said:
steven787 said:
You says: "66.6 is kinda funny for Sony." Why is that funny... Look at this link...

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php

Of the top 20 selling games of all time: Atleast fifteen of those are E.
 666 the devil.

Yes.

Now look at the top ones from the last gen.

Actually it's not 666... that was a numbering error.  The actual number of the Devil is 616 as can be seen in the earliest texts that refrence it.

Also... the wii is just 30 games short of the 360?  Whaa?

OK, Hus:

PS2: 7 games, 3 of which are GTA3 -- other than FFX, rated T, the rest are racing games.

Gamecube: Mario Kart DD and Super Smash Bros. Melee (also T).

Xbox: Halo 2.

So we have 4 M-rated games, 3 of which are GTA; 2 T-rated games; and 4 racing games. From this we learn that people really like racing games and GTA.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Hus said:

Fable is a M rated.

I can't argue with you because you don't seem to have a point.  Yes Nintendo makes less Teen and Mature games.  No, that hasn't hurt them one bit.  The list I included of 2 million sellers is about 15% mature.  Most of the games are sports, driving, Nintendo, RPG, or Movie related.  Nintendo is the single biggest game publisher in the world, and the forth or fifth largest company in Japan.  Nintendo making those kiddie games is larger (i.e. worth more money) than the entire Sony corp.

Sony makes great games, and the PS brand has lot's of great third party game too.

Nintendo sells more games than anyother company in the world.

One of those statements is a fact, one of them is an opinion.  I believe both.  Why can't you?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Actually it's not 666... that was a numbering error. The actual number of the Devil is 616 as can be seen in the earliest texts that refrence it.

Also... the wii is just 30 games short of the 360? Whaa?

That number is taken from the ESRB's site, which is to say it includes all games that they have rated, both released and unreleased.  For instance, I noticed Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii's list of T-rated games.  So these numbers are strongly influenced by the future as well as the past.  

Final-Fan said:
OK, Hus:

PS2: 7 games, 3 of which are GTA3 -- other than FFX, rated T, the rest are racing games.

Gamecube: Mario Kart DD and Super Smash Bros. Melee (also T).

Xbox: Halo 2.

So we have 4 M-rated games, 3 of which are GTA; 2 T-rated games; and 4 racing games. From this we learn that people really like racing games and GTA.

Racing cars and stealing them +guns, art sure does imitates life.

steven787 said:
Hus said:

Fable is a M rated.

I can't argue with you because you don't seem to have a point. Yes Nintendo makes less Teen and Mature games. No, that hasn't hurt them one bit. The list I included of 2 million sellers is about 15% mature. Most of the games are sports, driving, Nintendo, RPG, or Movie related. Nintendo is the single biggest game publisher in the world, and the forth or fifth largest company in Japan. Nintendo making those kiddie games is larger (i.e. worth more money) than the entire Sony corp.

Sony makes great games, and the PS brand has lot's of great third party game too.

Nintendo sells more games than anyother company in the world.

One of those statements is a fact, one of them is an opinion. I believe both. Why can't you?

I didnt give any opinion in the first post becasue i did not want influence the replies in any way. I just posted some numbers with a source for them, its the rest of you that started to argue them for some reason.

The 360 number of games is definitely off.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hus said:
Final-Fan said:

While the Wii obviously does have more focus on games appropriate for all ages, I hardly think it's a wasteland for those wanting games aimed specifically at mature audiences.

P.S. @ Hus' last post: What? I have no idea what you are trying to say by "facts don't favor the Wii" -- do you mean that the Wii is TEH DOOMED because it has only 60% of the M-rated games that the PS3 does? If so, I pity you. If not, please elaborate.

I never said it was any wasteland, i just posted some numbers and the rest of you got all bent out of shape.

Any time anyone says nintendo is mostly games rated e (truth) the wii supporters say its bs, well now there proof to shove in their face.

Why all the hate towards the numbers ? i think anyone interested in playing mature games would find them usefull ? dont you, so whats up.

I just posted some numbers, and thanks for posting yours. (i was to lazy to do them)

Hus, are you trying to say that by "facts don't favor the Wii" you meant "facts indicate that the Wii has predominantly E-rated games"?  Yes or No answer please; if the answer is "No" then you may elaborate.