By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will fable 3 be the zelda killer?

its unlikely. idk when the next fable will be out(probably not this gen)...but the wii should be getting its first zelda game before the next gen and its gonna have an even larger userbase than it has now. the numbers of consoles and fanbase are against it. look at wind waker...it was on the last place system and was horrible, but still sold 4.5m

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Wow, what a fail of a thread. Not only is Zelda one of the most cherished and well known titles in all of gaming. Twilight Princess has already sold 5.04 mil on Wii and an additonal 1.56 million on GC. Sure fable 2 sold a mil week one world wide but 360 games are known for having huge openings with small legs and Fable 2 even with the holidays is showing to have smaller legs then Twilight Princess. This game will be hard pressed to make 5 mil LTD I think. 4 million is a given, and is very impressive but to even suggest that Fable become a Zelda killer is not too far from those people who called Haze a Halo killer. Also, a Fable game will never out score a Zelda game on Metacritic. Ever. Not even close.

PS3 Trophies

kowenicki said:
no such thing as a killer... but...

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Fable+II+-+X360&reg2=All&game2=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Twilight+Princess+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

Don't forget the Gamecube version. The Wii was very supply constrained at launch (obviously), so it's possible people skipped out on it and just settled with the GC.

The GC version sold 1.56m copies, so Twilight Princess' total sales are at 6.6m. It'll definitely top 7m, at least - Ocarina stopped at 7.6m.

Hard to tell if all the GC owners will be Wii owners by the time the next Zelda installment is out, but if the next one is any good, I'll bet it will outsell Twilight Princess' GC+Wii total, to become the best selling Zelda ever.

kowenicki said:
no such thing as a killer... but...

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Fable+II+-+X360&reg2=All&game2=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Twilight+Princess+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Fable+II+-+X360&reg2=All&game2=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Twilight+Princess+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Twilight+Princess+-+Gc&weeks=100

You forgot the GC version :)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Is this a serious thread, or a spoof?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

yay a fable thread! I baught the game yesterday and played it from 6pm to 6am, had a nap and now im at work and dieing to get home and play it again! And im dieing to talk about it!

In all respect to the culture of the zelda following, Fable 3 will prolly sell half of the next wii zelda at the most, BUT! Theres alot in Fable II that nintendo could learn from.

Twilight princess, as with all zelda games, has a VERY solid story line. But apart from the story line the game offers nothing more then a few side tasks (I wouldnt call them quests) So I know the game isnt linear, but the fact that theres really only your main quest and once thats done its kind of all over, the game is definitely more linear then fable II.

This then leaves the game feeling restricted in comparison. In the 12 hours I played yesterday I would say half of that was spent exploring, earning cash, buying businesses, finding a suitable wife hahahaha trading goods and just having a generaly good time in the world. I have no desire to hurry along with the main mission and thats where I think nintendo can boost their 3D zelda franchise. Oh and then theres the graphics... but we wont go into that because we've all been there.

Fable could be bigger though. I look at assasins creed and wish I could interact with people like on fable! I wish there was a perfect rpg out there :( Its almost like the budgets of these games restrict them to focusing on either story line, graphics, world size or controles, because you just dont seem to get everything in one package :(

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Torillian said:
Has the term ____killer ever worked out for the game that was supposedly meant to be the killer? I can't think of a single instance.

Indeed. Most of these attempted homicides end up as a suicide. So be glad that the makers of Fable never tried to brand it as a Zelda killer.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

No WRPG series  will ever beat Zelda series in terms of sales.

actually, Twilight Princess sold great both on GC and Wii, so there's no way Fable can beat Zelda, it's not that popular!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Don't think so. I don't think pick your own path characters will ever be as popular as a strong set of characters that have proven to be popular over time. I predict 10 million sales at least for the next Zelda.

Heavens to Murgatoids.