By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How is VGChartz going to keep track of Warhawk sales?

steven787 said:
I normally don't find much to disagree with Shams on, but I think this will do well. This hasn't been done on consoles much (battlefield 2 for 360 didn't translate well, IMHO) and I don't know of any major 3rd Person shooter/Flight Multiplayer Games on PC. Either way it is a whole different audience, and comes with a head set... I might end up not getting it though, MP3 comes out the day before.

Wow, I answered a simple question, and posted "my opinion" - and look what happens (this isn't aimed at you Steven... :>).

How is this a different audience? Resistance's biggest drawcard is its "32-player online battles". Warhawk is much the same - except that there is no single player mode at all. Explain to me why people that would buy & play Resistance (online?) are different from the people that would play Warhawk online.

If this was available for download, I don't understand why wouldn't would instead head to a store to buy it - especially when it could cost a lot more (what is the price of the DLC version anyway?).  

Hence my statement - I can't see this selling that well at retail (it may do really well as a DLC game).

(anyway, I'm going to now leave this thread... maybe this should have been posted in the Sony forum...) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

If this was available for download, I don't understand why wouldn't would instead head to a store to buy it - especially when it could cost a lot more (what is the price of the DLC version anyway?).

$39.90 in USA. I have no idea about UK but I think it will be a bit cheaper...

Edit:

For example:

Tekken UK price - £6,99 = $14,05

Tekken US price - $19,99

I can see Warhawk selling decent but the $40 PSN download price is too high. It would have done a lot better at $30 or less and that will drag the game down a bit.

As for tracking of the sales, I don't think Sony are all that bothered about it. If the game is doing excellent or poor Sony will report it one way or the other and in the end that is what counts. Sony will be monitoring the sales, especially since the development team exceeded budget, which means the game needs to sell more to recover costs.

You guys kidding me?

I'm a HUGE 360 Fan, but Warhawk is the one PS3 games I really wish was on the 360.

Sure its more of the same, but IT DOES THE SAME BETTER! I don't give a shit if the gameplay is the same, but I want full featured multiplayer. Thats partly why Halo did so well, the multiplayer options were astounding.

That said the install base right now for PS3 is a bit different then its been in the past, and so I don't think it'll sell gangbusters like it should.

125,000 Copies?

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Even though this site is aimed at gathering "retail" sales information, it's a surprise that there wouldn't be a desire to go and try to gather sales of DLC especially full fledged titles like Warhawk and Socom.

Even though Socom will be much like Warhawk and be online only, it will still sell well. The first 2 Socom's sold very well and the main draw to those games were the online gaming modes. I know that I'll for sure be picking up the Socom when it comes out because I was completely addicted to the game and Confrontation is supposed to be a return to the socom 1 and 2 roots. That is what many of addicted fans of the series have been begging for and it looks like it very well will be that.

I know that sony will want to release sales numbers of these games, especially if the DLC totals push it's total sales quite a bit and well past the 1 million mark. For me though, I will be buying the retail version of the game but if I get a good headset before then, I'll just end up getting the download only possibly. However, I may want a second or backup headset that I can use in case I have friends over or the battery on my other one happens to go dead in the middle of a marathon gaming session.

It's a different and new creature to have to track, but in the end a game sale is a game sale and should be tracked, or at the least have a attempt to track those downloadable sales.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Warhawk sure looks great .It may be more of the same but its a genre not done to death on consoles and for sure not done to death with brilliant results.Warhawk I dont know but it looks great and after the people that have played the Beta it plays great as well .. .The price is also right coming with the headset .Plus its a exclusive game .Sometimes other PS3 game sales are hurt just because some PS3 users have as well the 360 and if the 360 version is better they stick to that one .Warhawk being exclusive will sure do good for it .

If NCAA did 70K I think Warhawk can do some 100K units first week without sweating too much ,and get close to the 400K for years end .Only in NA .

As for the question its impossible to know ,we will have to rely on the numbers Sony gives us .

as i said before it will be real hard for this site to track sales for warhawk .. socom .. littlebigplanet.. and other psn games... there should be some kind of system in place where lets say warhawk sells 125,000 its first week or day or whatever.. we should be able to add 5% or 10% or whatever % to account for psn sales.. i think it would be beneficial for sony to release the sales numbers but you cant believe sony's numbers though because they'll probably twist it..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said:
as i said before it will be real hard for this site to track sales for warhawk .. socom .. littlebigplanet.. and other psn games... there should be some kind of system in place where lets say warhawk sells 125,000 its first week or day or whatever.. we should be able to add 5% or 10% or whatever % to account for psn sales.. i think it would be beneficial for sony to release the sales numbers but you cant believe sony's numbers though because they'll probably twist it..

The only thing is, there is no middle man when it comes to downloaded games from the PSN.  It goes directly from the PSN to the consumer.  There is no warehouse to ship them to or anything like that.  If sony is smart they'll be honest and give detailed weekly/monthly sales on the PSN for Warhawk and other PSN downloaded games.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
Bonafide732 said:

The only thing is, there is no middle man when it comes to downloaded games from the PSN.  It goes directly from the PSN to the consumer.  There is no warehouse to ship them to or anything like that.  If sony is smart they'll be honest and give detailed weekly/monthly sales on the PSN for Warhawk and other PSN downloaded games.

sony will probably only release the numbers if sales numbers are average to good... remember that game calling all cars?? noone knows how it did.. the only mention of it was when david jaffe the creator of the game said he wished the ps3 install base was higher for the release of it.... the only psn numbers they have released so far that i know of is Gran turismo HD.. they said it hit 500k back in like january or something..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

This website might be able to track Warhawk after all, but i'm not sure how. Perhaps ioi will have to get information from a sony representative or through some kind of user polling method. Either way, we'll just have to wait for him to indicate whether or not this is possible.