By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - new mass effect video

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13855

well it's from yesterday.... the more I see videos of that game the more I want... I think it's my most anticipated game right now 

Around the Network

Yeah it made me want the game even more too. Mass Effect looks like it's going to be amazing.

Wow, cool video. Mass Effect looks like its an amazing game, definitly one of the many games im picking up this holiday season.

Game of the Year candidate.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yeah, its going to be between Mass Effect and Halo 3 for sure...and depending on how Bioshock plays out...but it will be between ME and H3...H3 will win though IMO. If not just for the gameplay, but because of the name too.

Around the Network

^
With the great games coming out on all three home console platforms this holiday season, I seriously hope Halo 3 doesn't take the crown away from some of the far worthier titles.

Far worthier titles, like what? PS3 really has nothing great coming out, and what they have that is playable is a bunch of year old 360 ports. Wii has some good stuff coming out, but you just cant beat the 360's holiday line up.

I don't get this misconseption that PS3 has no good games coming out this fall. The PS3 has what should be the game of the year coming out in November with Uncharted. This game looks to be pushing way beyond anything I have seen from MS or Nintendo. Heavanly Sword is going to be a big game as far as developer recognition goes. Even if it bombs it will be recognized by the industry as a great game and an awsome achivment. I think console game of the year comes down to five games this year.

Uncharted
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Heavanly Sword
Mario Galaxy

All five of thouse titles are pushing their geners more than any other this year. Just because the PS3 doesn't have many sequels coming, and it is not selling well right know dosn't mean it has no good games. Please folks go do your homewokr before you make statments like this.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

just pre-ordered this game. have huge expectations, hope it doesn't disappoint.

@ Sheff159

I honestly hope you are kidding. Where the hell is this misconception of "PS3 has a crappy holiday line-up" coming from?
As KBG29 touched upon, just because the PS3 has some new IP's coming out instead of sequels, doesn't mean those new IP's are automatically going to bomb.
And in my honest opinion, Halo is your average, albeit solid, FPS (Story/campaign-wise, that is), it just has one of the better online components out there, and a lot of popularity. So in my mind, it really isn't in the running, unless it can surprise me.

Games I think can easily take 'Game of the Year' over Halo 3:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune*
Mario Galaxy
Mass Effect*
Heavenly Sword*
Metroid Prime 3
Rock Band*
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
*= New IP, so whether or not it does well is a guesstimate from gameplay videos and impressions.

And with the amount of games releasing this year, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more that pop up.