By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why would Killzone 2 outsell Resistance 2 (or Resistance 1)?

Haha.

Seriously laughing at the first post.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Yes it has.....n its quite shocking

EVEN I felt KZ2 wouldn't beat Resistance 2 back in that time

Why's that? Everything is better in killzone 2. The classes,weapons,animations,graphics,THE MP,the ranks,the way you aim, the way you walk,jump++++++++++++++++++++++.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.

KZ2 is amazing , actually amazing. It IS the flagship FPS for the PS3 whether it is known yet or not.

just play the game for a few hours.. that would convince just about any FPS fan that this game is the bom-diggity.

It is so pretty and super addicting online.
even though Resistance 2 is good, this game really puts it to shame in most ways that matter to a FPS fan.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I remember making a thread to counter this, "Stop comparing Killzone 2 to R2 and LBP", where I said that KZ2 would beat both of them first week.

Looks like I was right...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RPG said:
richardhutnik this thread by you was simply silly, I have another word to use but will get banned sadly. How you ever got it through yout noggin that somehow R2 would outsell a game hyped for years is beyond me.

People make mistakes, I accept that this was your thread of sillyness. ;)

Go back and read my original post.  I asked why.  I asked people to explain why it would outsell Resistance and Resistance 2.  I gave people reasons to explain this.  If you see the original post, I ask questions.  Did I make any comments or predictions?

Note I asked the reasons for this, stating these observations:

1. Resistance had been the flagship FPS by Sony for the PS3.  Killzone went down as a bust for a FPS, and this was the sequel.

2. KZ2 is released during a slow part of the year for videogame sales.

3. KZ2 had a stigma associated with it regarding the 05 E3 trailer, that was totally made up at the time.

Also answer how it will be a "game changer", the second part of my comment.  The thread was a chance for people to discuss and explain why, despite what I said, KZ2 would outsell R2 and Resistance.

Around the Network
kramikosi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Yes it has.....n its quite shocking

EVEN I felt KZ2 wouldn't beat Resistance 2 back in that time

Why's that? Everything is better in killzone 2. The classes,weapons,animations,graphics,THE MP,the ranks,the way you aim, the way you walk,jump++++++++++++++++++++++.

I will assume beat as in sales here, not capabilities.  Can one argue that KZ2 is superior to Halo 3, IF you remove the modding and additional add-ons to Halo 3?  I can argue it is.  How about Gears 2 being superior to Halo 3, for the same reason?  I would say yes.  This doesn't mean that the superior game will get superior sales.  Being better in "every way" doesn't mean that it will sell more.  There is a thing called brand awareness, marketing and advertising that impact sales.  I had listed reasons why KZ2 might not outsell R2.

RPG said:
richardhutnik this thread by you was simply silly, I have another word to use but will get banned sadly. How you ever got it through yout noggin that somehow R2 would outsell a game hyped for years is beyond me.

People make mistakes, I accept that this was your thread of sillyness. ;)

Wow.. this is so sad

This is like the kid who kept crying wolf laughing at a villager he found bleeding on the ground.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@ CGI: Isn't it a little early to call good word of mouth?

Tease.

is he comparing killzone to gears 2?

EPICCCCC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!

another thing he said people made fun of killzone cause of the pre-rendered trailer. WHAT? KILLZONE has met almost if not ALL OF WHAT WAS SHOWN! and gears 2 having bots doesnt save it from having horrible online and ruining what was once my fav shooter gears 1. gears 2 cant be saved everyone has forgotten about that gamme, u know the one with the broken multiplayer, the one with the horrible ranking, the one that wasnt able to top halo or cod4 which were year old games. lol.

Putting the Box back in Ninlen!