By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Write your PC specs and rate the one above you

Got mine from www.Alienware.co.uk  last year....

Processor:  Intel 3.0ghz duo core
RAM:  4Gb DDR2

Graphic Card:  Nivdia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb x2 SLi

Motherboard:  nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Hard Drive:  500 GB Serial ATA 3 7,200 RPM 16MB

22" monitor and 32-bit Windows vista.  The only problem is that my 32-bit windows doesn't see the full 4gb ram

PC gaming rules.....

Around the Network
canch said:

Got mine from www.Alienware.co.uk  last year....

Processor:  Intel 3.0ghz duo core
RAM:  4Gb DDR2

Graphic Card:  Nivdia Geforce 8800GTX 768mb x2 SLi

Motherboard:  nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Hard Drive:  500 GB Serial ATA 3 7,200 RPM 16MB

22" monitor and 32-bit Windows vista.  The only problem is that my 32-bit windows doesn't see the full 4gb ram

8/10

Alienware is owned by Dell now.  I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

Bought it nearly 5 years ago. Can't play shit.

Comes with a 96mb integrated graphics chip.

blackbird3216 said:

1/10 given the inbuilt graphics card!

Mine :

Quad  QX6700

4GB 1066Mhz DD2 RAM

Overclocked Geforce 8800 GTX

1 TB Hard Disk (WD Caviar Black model)

Soundblaster Xi-Fi Gamer card

Plays everything on high settings on my Samsung 226BW monitor.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz @ 1.6 GHz (trying to resolve this matter right now), 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) SuperTalent DDR2-800 (CL5, can't remember the other latencies), Gainward GeFore 7900 GS (was some overclocked edition I think), Asus P5KPL-CM, some 320 GB SATA2 HDD (can't remember the manufacturer; I bought the whole think used), 160 GB IDE (Samsung; not connected to the system right now), some random DVD-RW DL, Newton Power 470W, some random chassis. I suppose that's pretty much all I own myself... In addition to that, I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (not working too well anymore), a random Nokia monitor (CRT, probably 17") and an ancient keyboard (says iCL on it) without Windows buttons.

Oh, and the guy above me seems to be a gamer. It's not exactly the newest setup but should be sufficient to run any game on relatively high settings.

Around the Network
Press_the_Button said:
blackbird3216 said:

Mine :

Quad  QX6700

4GB 1066Mhz DD2 RAM

How do I fix that so that I have a machine capable of running bioshock? Would it be better to upgrade or buy a new one?

Zkuq said:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz @ 1.6 GHz (trying to resolve this matter right now), 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) SuperTalent DDR2-800 (CL5, can't remember the other latencies), Gainward GeFore 7900 GS (was some overclocked edition I think), Asus P5KPL-CM, some 320 GB SATA2 HDD (can't remember the manufacturer; I bought the whole think used), 160 GB IDE (Samsung; not connected to the system right now), some random DVD-RW DL, Newton Power 470W, some random chassis. I suppose that's pretty much all I own myself... In addition to that, I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (not working too well anymore), a random Nokia monitor (CRT, probably 17") and an ancient keyboard (says iCL on it) without Windows buttons.

Oh, and the guy above me seems to be a gamer. It's not exactly the newest setup but should be sufficient to run any game on relatively high settings.

7.5/10  -- embarrasses mine.

3.2 GHz P4

2GB 400 MHz dual channel DDR RAM

512 MB NVidia GeForce 7600 GS AGP

SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, with decent 5.1 computer speaker system

240 GB ATA-100 HDD

22" Acer widescreen LCD

...and...

Diamond Monster 3D, 3Dfx Voodoo1 pass-thru board (for some old glide games)

blackbird3216 said:
Press_the_Button said:
blackbird3216 said:

Mine :

Quad  QX6700

4GB 1066Mhz DD2 RAM

How do I fix that so that I have a machine capable of running bioshock? Would it be better to upgrade or buy a new one?

Get the best AGP card from ATI(about $150) and add a 1gig of ram (about $40) and you'll be able to run most games at mid to high setting. one thing you might consider is changing that power supply unit.

What am i suppose to rate???????????????

-------------------------------------------

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Audio Card: Realtek HD Audio output

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Memory: 1984MB RAM

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

DVD/CD burner/reader

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

80G hard drive planning on getting an external harddrive

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

3.2 GHz P42GB 400 MHz dual channel DDR RAM512 MB NVidia GeForce 7600 GS AGPSoundBlaster Live! 5.1, with decent 5.1 computer speaker system240 GB ATA-100 HDD22" Acer widescreen LCD...and...Diamond Monster 3D, 3Dfx Voodoo1 pass-thru board (for some old glide games)Groucho:I would give it a 4/10 (Given the processor and GPU speed)Mine:

• Core 2: 2.4ghz
  • 3gb ram
  • 2 TB HDD space
  • 8800gt
  • 23" Phillips LCD
  • Windows Vista 32
  • Athlon X2 5200: 2.6ghz
  • 6gb ram
  • .5 TB HDD space
  • HD 4670
  • 53" Sony Bravia LCD
  • Windows Vista 64