By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Party delayed?

Kwaad : the Wii then, isn't complete without a set of 4 wiimotes, which you don't even have to buy, especially when every "social gamer" brings his wiimote (notice that it's tailored for that too). And there's no need for a set of 4 nunchakus with that. I discovered Mario Party with the 4th one, when a brother-in-law lent it to my wife. I thought it was crap. It was actually a pretty good game, which my wife and I enjoyed a LOT. Then he lent me the 5th one, and it was very good too. I finished neither because they weren't mine, and I resisted the urge to buy the 7th one with the microphone. But I will sure buy the 8th one. It's not crap even on single player, if you're interested in unlocking everything. Problem is that it can be very long to play, and you must rely on luck sometimes. People that say it's crap sure won't be able to predict how the Wii will fare, because they can't even start to understand the demographic Nintendo is targeting. The worst is that these people can't even see a good game when they see one. I already saw that with Nintendogs and Brain Age : some hardcore gamers are completely unable to spot a good game, despite what common sense would tell you of people spending lots of hours in games. They can tell you the graphics is good, but they can't see, design or even understand a good game when you put one before them. Which is a good thing in fact, as it often means their prediction about Wii sales and its games are mostly wrong. Go Mario Party 8 !

Around the Network

I actually hope it is delayed. The last thing the Wii needs right now is another party/casual game. not saying its bad, but we've already got wii Sports, Rayman RR, Warioware, Wiiplay and a bunch of others. It'd be nice to spread the party love out a little bit, especially at a time when there are more consoles on shelves and the game could actually move units. So yes Nintendo, delay Mario Party, and speed up MP3!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well, I'm hoping it was delayed to put in online, but being a Nintendo game I'm not holding my breath.

I gotta say, the ladies do love it...that should be reason enough. I don't know why you would want it to be online...don't you guys want to have fun with your friends in person? This game would never be fun online.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: I gotta say, the ladies do love it...that should be reason enough. I don't know why you would want it to be online...don't you guys want to have fun with your friends in person? This game would never be fun online.
Well in theory, if it had on line, you could have your friends over in person, playing a game over the net with someone else who has their friends over in person. 8 players, 2 parties. It'd be pretty neat. Groups of friends gathering in different cities to spend time together with some Mario Party.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.