By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will next weeks sales be even bigger than this weeks?

Seems to be a big debate over this, personally I think sales will rise. Take a look at SQRL's chart ..

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=48088

4 weeks after Black Friday sales are at there highest.

Christmas 2006 was on monday meaning it only had the previous day (sunday) to sell and the days after boxing day + 4 stagnent days (in comparison to the massive sales before boxing day)

Christmas 2007 was on tuesday meaning it only had 2 days to sell and boxing day + 3 stagnent days after.

Christmas 2008 is on a thursday, it has 4 days (which are the busiest of the year) to sell + friday and saturday (boxing day)

So I think christmas is positioned right this year.

We will see this time next week and I can't wait if I'm right!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
You guys predicting ps3 sales are forgetting the level 5 exclusive RPG coming out in japan for ps3..

Oh ok, add 10k.  410k PS3, 800-825k 360.

@nightsurge

your saying WKC will only push the ps3's sales in japan up by 10k?

mM

Traditionally, the week before Christmas is the biggest week. Now this one is a little bit further out from Christmas day and Black Friday did come at a later week meaning the week during Christmas will be larger than usual but still shouldn't be as large as the week before.

leo-j said:
@nightsurge

your saying WKC will only push the ps3's sales in japan up by 10k?

Possible because it had a bad review from Famitsu.

Around the Network

So this current week we are in, data will release next week

week ending DEC 27

would be the biggest week?

mM
leo-j said:

week ending DEC 27

NO this week's data, or week ending December 20 that we are currently getting should be the largest.  The week of Christmas, or week ending Dec 27th, should be larger this year because of it encompassing more days before Christmas day and a late Black Friday, but it shouldn't be larger than this week's data or week ending Dec 20. 

Now I wait for surprises, but that's how it traditionally works.

leo-j said:

week ending DEC 27

No it shouldn't be.... it should be a small drop off (10-20%) from what this week (ending 20th) is

Go to the VGC charts pages and get the Christmas period up for December 2003 (which has dates coinciding with this year) for PS2, GC and XB..... you will see there that the way the week lies this year means that the week ending 20th should be the biggest week, with the week ending 27th being the 2nd largest.

So then we should expect similar sales for week ending DEC 27 that we had this week.. mhm.

we will see, I expect higher sales though

mM

Shops used to be closed on the 25 th here in Sweden and only a few stores wer open the 26 th.

These days pretty much every store, atleast all the big ones, open the 25 th.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints