By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will next weeks sales be even bigger than this weeks?

Next week encompasses the last 4 days before Christmas and two days after Christmas. In New Zealand its traditional to have a sale on the 26th (Boxing day) So the sales on that day can also be significant, not sure how important they are overseas or even if shops are open.

So can we finally expect to see:

Xbox 360 > 1,000,000?

Wii > 2,000,000?

DS > 2,500,000?

If you follow the H.Y.P.E graphs, this week last year was the week of Christmas IIRC so it hopefully should follow that sales will blow past the previous years totals.

Tease.

Around the Network

Don't think so look at 2003 holiday data TWRoO i think was the 1st to mention this in his 10 week countdown no one shops on the 25 everything is closed on 26 and 27 there won't be as much shopping as 19 and 20 it's been said all over the NA is up thread that ps3 will get to 600k 360 will get 2 1mill and wii will get 2 2mill i don't think this will happen people need to use the the wonder full graphs ioi gave us to predict things

The wii may not follow the same sales the ps2 did in 03 it got people in a trance so in may gain a little than this week

Play Me

Doubt it. 3 holiday shopping days vs 7 days last week.

FishyJoe said:
Doubt it. 3 holiday shopping days vs 7 days last week.

3 biggest days? Please, you have to give me some hope!

Tease.

the 7 days before will register more than the last 3, but you never know

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

its doubtful, but i notice you leave the ps3 out of any of your big predictions

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

No. Next week (the week ending Dec 26th) will be a lot weaker than this week.

We'll see rufly:

Wii: 1 million
X360: 500,000
PS2: 280,000

Slimebeast said:

We'll see rufly:

I think you mean PS3.  Anyway, I'd personally guess about 100k more to the ps3 and 360 and 200k more to the wii from your figures.  Still not as big as the week of the 20th, but not bad at all. 

This past Saturday (Dec 20th) was the biggest shopping day of the year. (not Black Friday, which is not normally in the top 4).

I would expect sales to drop to what we saw the week of the 13th.

polezo said:
Slimebeast said:

We'll see rufly:

I think you mean PS3.  Anyway, I'd personally guess about 100k more to the ps3 and 360 and 200k more to the wii from your figures.  Still not as big as the week of the 20th, but not bad at all. 

Let's hope so! Cause it wuld mean the X360 will pass 27 million!
(yeah I meant the PS3)