By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii + Left 4 Dead = OMFG, right?

colonelstubbs said:
Left 4 dead on the wii...wow. It would be a surprise to see such a crazy game on the lovely little wii lol

I'm confident that getting it on the Wii would not be a problem assuming they wanted to go through the effort of just getting Source to run on the Wii.  It would probably look a little worse than the XBox versions of Half-Life and Counterstrike since they need the extra memory to process the insane amounts of zombies but it could be done and wouldn't be bad.

It's just the Wii doesn't have a great history with online games, that's a fact.  Even the better games still aren't that great.  It would easily be the worse of the three versions and why put the effort into that?

Around the Network

I just bought L4D for 360. Lovin' it. Problem is, though, I've never cared much for dual-analog controls for FPS. I've always been an analog + mouse player. Analog + Wiimote is nearly the same. I would LOVE L4D on the Wii.

And it's totally possible, too. They did Half-Life 2 on the Xbox, running the exact same engine. The Wii is far more capable than the original Xbox, so I know they could pull off Left 4 Dead. It'd probably need the cinematic filter removed (or altered), but other than that, it'd totally be possible.

SW-5120-1900-6153

@Twestern: oh ok, i assumed you had the PC version. There are a lot of douches on xbl so i definately understand your preemptive kicking in that case. I have the PC version and no mic, i seem to do fine without for now. I type fast :) .

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I'd get it, i saw the videos and i think it would be awesome with the Wiimote

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

The problem, i think, is that L4D was designed with online co-op in mind, something that is not the Wii's particular strong point. If the game was re-built from the ground-up for Wii, redesigned with local co-op in mind, and generally built for a lower horsepower environment, it could do quite well, given the precedent of awesome zombie shooters so far.

Of course, Valve doesn't have the resources for that, so it wouldn't happen.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.