By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii + Left 4 Dead = OMFG, right?

Kasz216 said:
It would be kickass to smash with the Wiimote.

Seems impossible though... I'll know more when i actually get to play it though.

To quote 100,000 HD fanboys, "Believe!" Actually Valve said they were looking to make a game on the Wii, they do like the system. They said they wanted to make a game that their children could play (A lot of them have families now). So a good first step is a port eh?

Tease.

Around the Network

yeah make a zombabyz :D

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

Seems impossible though... I'll know more when i actually get to play it though.

To quote 100,000 HD fanboys, "Believe!" Actually Valve said they were looking to make a game on the Wii, they do like the system. They said they wanted to make a game that their children could play (A lot of them have families now). So a good first step is a port eh?

Okay Timmy you see that shotgun? Pick it up and shot any zombies coming at you in the head. Good...wait you see that its a Witch if you shot her she will murder you okay. ^_^  ahh good family fun...T_T Im depressed now I thought about sonic and how hes bad now...

Former something....

Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh, i just meant i don't think it'd be the same game.  If the Ai director couldn't be done on the wii your just left with a regular shooter with limited options.  Still a fun regular shooter with limited options i'm sure. (Being a valve game.)

Also, while they said they'd like to do a game on the wii that doesn't mean they ever will.  Since they're biggest money maker is going to be the PC with Steam.

Something on the Wii probably would end up being a side project type game made with small resources as an off project.  Kinda how something like LBP developed.

KylieDog said:
Kasz216 said:
KylieDog said:
The question is would Wii owners want L4D? I know one who wouldn't.

Probably.  Wii owners seem to love zombie games.

Both RE sold well. 

House of Dead 2&3 sold really well... It's at 850,000.

Wii owners love zombies.

But L4D hs no zombies, and neither does one of the games you mentioned.

I'm pretty sure Umbrella Chronicles had real zombies to start off with.  Isn't 4 the one that starts with the parasites?

Still zombie like things.

Around the Network

While the Source is great at scaling up and down and the game could easily be made to be put on the Wii, would we really want it?

I would love the Wii controls (I've played Half Life 2 with my WiiMote and it was sublime) but Left4Dead is all about online and the Wii isn't.

As much as I love my Wii and Wii FPS controls, I hate juggling friend codes and Wii games with random people doesn't have the greatest records.  Also, since mics are more or less required to play the game properly, that's another issue for the Wii.  Just about every 360 owner has a mic, just about all PC users have something they can use as a mic, not nearly every Wii user bought Animcal Crossing: City Folk.

Come to think of it...
id steal my sisters wii for L4D on it

but this is kinda of subject. what other games you think would make a good wii port?

twesterm said:
While the Source is great at scaling up and down and the game could easily be made to be put on the Wii would we really want it?

I would love the Wii controls (I've played Half Life 2 with my WiiMote and it was sublime) but Left4Dead is all about online and the Wii isn't.

Offline baby! 4 Motes = goodness.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
twesterm said:
While the Source is great at scaling up and down and the game could easily be made to be put on the Wii would we really want it?

Offline baby! 4 Motes = goodness.

The Wii can handle one player, I doubt it would be able to handle drawing all 4 players.  This isn't Mario Kart.

I have it for pc. I think they could make a decent port tho. its not like it takes up a lot of power on the 360...
still.. the wiis online would strongly weaken the experience. fc?