By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii + Left 4 Dead = OMFG, right?

Im calling it, if the Wii somehow got a version of Left 4 Dead it'd be one of the OMFG moments in gaming. I just had a thought, that thought was good. The game would translate extremely well to light gun controls.

So tell me, could the Wii pull it off with some minor compromises (AI director, graphics, zombie speed etc?)

Tease.

Around the Network

I thought you were wrong about 360 winning last half of the year and wrong so I will say no so I will be wrong again so I can get the game for the wii...

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
I thought you were wrong about 360 winning last half of the year and wrong so I will say no so I will be wrong again so I can get the game for the wii...

Lulz!

Tease.

Would be kinda cool i agree. i think it could pull it off and tbh... i dont think the graphics rate that well so doubt it would be a problem. even for the wii.

only problem i can see would be the zombie speed. but surely that can be changed

AI and zombie speed won’t be a problem the grfx though need some tweaking but not much it doesn’t really look that grate anywho.

But yeah it would be awesome in fact any FPS would be more awesome on the Wii!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Would be kinda cool i agree. i think it could pull it off and tbh... i dont think the graphics rate that well so doubt it would be a problem. even for the wii.

only problem i can see would be the zombie speed. but surely that can be changed

The kind words of Bedhestava (Sorry can't spell!)

"I run all games at the lowest quality level possible to keep things as clear as possible. Honestly I would be happy with 3 hit boxes and absolutely no textures in the environment" (paraphrased)

He runs a pair of 8800GTXs in SLI on a pair of 50" Plasma screens.

And yeah, even if they don't run as fast and the animations aren't that good RE4 proved that you can get a lot on screen and thats just a PS2 port. Im sure the Wii could do even better with RE4 level graphics to get even more Zombies onto the screen.

Tease.

KylieDog said:
The question is would Wii owners want L4D? I know one who wouldn't.

FPS has never been this much fun until the Wii came, for me anyway. So yes of course I would be all over it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It would be kickass to smash with the Wiimote.

Seems impossible though... I'll know more when i actually get to play it though.

KylieDog said:
The question is would Wii owners want L4D? I know one who wouldn't.

Probably.  Wii owners seem to love zombie games.

Both RE sold well. 

House of Dead 2&3 sold really well... It's at 850,000.

Wii owners love zombies.

I would actually buy that if it comes to the wii.  I actually like FPS.  Mostly have only FPS on my PC as well. 

I TAKE NO SIDES