By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Leo-j "PS3 will not go below 120k/week in 2008" prediction post-mortem

11ht11 said:
120k isnt even that much...

Before that prediction it wasn't rare for the PS3 to go below 120k.

Around the Network

It was a pretty bold statement at the time and help up well.

4 ≈ One

Hawk said:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. 8)

Congrats leo-j

Yes but consider that there is 52 nuts in the very tiny forest with hundreds of squirrels, Leo-J just found 51 of those 52 nuts... the rest can fight it out for the last one.

Many a good squirrel died from hunger and brutal mauling that horrid horrid winter *shudder*.

When/where exactly was the prediction made? (link)

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

Hawk said:
Onyxmeth said:
Hawk said:

Congrats leo-j

Hey! That was my point!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Damn you! That was my point too!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

So he failed on a blanket prediction, and we are supposed to congratulate him. That hurts my head. Not that I didn't think the prediction he made was a bad prediction. At the time it was a fairly safe prediction. Had he made a very unlikely prediction, and it had came to pass. Then I would congratulate him even if it narrowly missed.

Here is a real ballsy prediction. I predict the PS3 to perform worse next year then this year. Yes I actually expect the console to sell less. Who knows maybe next year someone will congratulate me.

okay nice prediction. Okay yeah you were a week or so off, so what? its still probably the best/closest 2008 prediction the site had.

What about all the people saying like 60 million+ end of 2008 for wii, they were way off.

Onyxmeth said:
Hawk said:
Onyxmeth said:
Hawk said:

Congrats leo-j

Hey! That was my point!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Damn you! That was my point too!

Every dog has its day.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Congrats? He said the ps3 would do 20-22 mill and 360 would 22-24 million. He wasn't even close. He just had one good guess;anyone can make a good guess.

After many illogical predictions it's good to know that he got it right at least in 1, gratz leo

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||