By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Games, Massive Sell Though Last Week?

Ok, I am in Pittsburg PA for a few days so I went to the main GS in the Mall (a very large GS as far as GSes go), and I went to BB with some friends who were shopping for stuff, I spent the time browsing the Wii section very closely.

In GS- I notice the shelf was a bit bare, so I looked to see if they had TOS2 and CODWaW, I did not see it on the shelves... I started talking to the worker. I asked him if they had ToS2 and he said they were sold out, then I asked about WaW he said they were out of that too... Then he was like "Man, we are out of ALL of the good Wii games, he named MKWii, WiiFit, Brawl, M&S, ZeldaTP, REUC, and he said there were many others. I asked about Wiimusic and he said they have gotten a ton, and only had a few left. He said if it was not on the Wall it was not in stock... So i tried to think of as many games as I could, and see if they were in stock... So this is what I noticed missing- Outdoor life, RRRTV party, Game Party, Carnival Games, GH Hero all SKUs, Rock Band 1 and 2, Neft N Strike, DDR Hottest Party  and 2, Madden 2008, Tiger 08 and 09, and I am sure there were others, but I did not think to look for them.

Notables in Stock-  SMG, Deblob, Z &W, Wiimusic(already mentioned), AC: WW (Few W/o WiiSpeak, plenty WiiSpeak bundles)- Also, Madden 09, and others.

At BB- Best Buy is also very interesting, as you can see stock on shelves, and this time was even more interesting... an employing told me all stock of all games were on the shelves so What I saw is what they had left.

They had 3 ToS2, but were sold out of CoD:WaW... No Wiimusic, Brawl, MKWii, WiiFit, AC(non bundles), Rockband 1, No M&S, Madden 08, Carnival Games, Z&W,Game Party 1 and 2, Boogie, and many others.

Games in stock, they had 6 SMG games when I got there 3 when I left. 5 Sonic unleased, 3 Force unleased, 6 complete Rockband 2's, about 15 of the game only, 5 of Deblob, 1 boogie superstar, there were a ton of games scattered out with only 1-3 left... they place was literally raped.

I was very suprised by the sheer number of sold out titles, but the one I was most suprised and happiest to see.... was CoD:WaW. I really think either the game has had a random jump for just 1 week or it is Wayyyy undertracked. We will find out soon enough (fiscals)

Also, I was suprised how low many of the games were, alot of them are games that are very well supplied (SMG, WiimUsic, Brawl, etc)

Well I hope you found this interesting : ).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

bump

psn- tokila

Don't get too excited just yet: apart from the obvious disclaimer about anecdotal data, there's also the fact that Call of Duty doesn't seem to have actually shipped any Wii copies, so selling out isn't too impressive (it is, however, very annoying for people who want to buy a copy).

Oh, and at Zak and Wiki not being amongst the sold-out games. I say.

thats great that COD:WaWii is selling ok, not selling as good as the hd versions but still ok. i saw the game sold out at my walmart too along with SSBB

i wonder how the NPD for Dec will look. it a shame that walmart isn't tracked because i'm sure alot of games sales will be higher.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

I had a hard time finding CoDWaW Wii in stock anywheres so Activision definately underestimated demand.

Around the Network

i hope WaW sells well so we could see call of duty 6 on wii

noname2200 said:
Don't get too excited just yet: apart from the obvious disclaimer about anecdotal data, there's also the fact that Call of Duty doesn't seem to have actually shipped any Wii copies, so selling out isn't too impressive (it is, however, very annoying for people who want to buy a copy).

Oh, and at Zak and Wiki not being amongst the sold-out games. I say.

The best buy dude said that their most recent shipment of CODWaW was 360- 80    PS3- 50   Wii- 15

Right now I would be happy with 1/4 the sales of the 360 version........ Also there were plenty of copies of both HD versions in stock.

psn- tokila

To be honest Wii have been selling loads of software lately in the US, with most of the titles seeing big increases, therefore im not suprised.

Awesome that ToS2 is selling out. It deserves it. It's such a great game.

I had a situation here where I was trying to help my friend find either ToS2 or ToV and every place we checked was completely sold out of both of them.

So wii software outside of the usual mario kart and brawl could well get a big boost...nice

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot