By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA up, 1 million freaking Wiis!!!!!!!!!

It's funny, isn't it, how all of the Wii's success came from its predecessors, too? From the Playstation, from the Xbox, from the slow movement towards greater complexity and a certain narrow definition of depth.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate and suddenly the world as you knew it is gone forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the one we intended."

Around the Network

My goodness. That is a hell of a lot of Wiis. 360 with over a half a million is pretty damn good as well. But man those are some sorry sad PS3 and PSP numbers. Ugh poor Sony. DS well always a monster.

Zomb1337 said:
I dont see why Wii is so popular.....I played it and the control is garbage and very small, the sensor barely registers accurate movements, and the games on Wii (besides Mario, Zelda & SSBB), generally are crap (ex: Wii Sports, Play, Fit, Music = shovelware). The 360 is doing well @ 900,000+ units sold WW this week.

One of the harsher lesson life has to teach the infallable youth is that everyone doesn't see things and judge things the way you do. 

I've played on almost every console since the 2600 and I like the Wii controls. In any case, two lug nuts and a kazoo could hardly be less fun to use than the traditional anlogue control.

Sensor barely registers accurate movement [translation = does not play like what I'm used to so it's obviously bad]

Wii games are crap [translation =  games do not consist of blood splattering mayhem].

I'm sure you do not see why it's so popular, and you probably never will and in a perverse way that may be as good an explanation as any. For once a game console was designed that is not all about you.

O_O can't believe those numbers!

PS3 and PSP are the only ones that are doing good all the others are doing incredibly good.

Awwww the meltdowns are lovely 8D

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Let's see. Last year numbers on the same week:

902,172 (+24%) 19,639,818
751,758 (+354%) 8,327,225
381,789 (+16%) 9,990,689
370,498 (+28%) 46,683,732
306,936 (+16%) 11,144,706
234,698 (+13%) 3,383,894

So Y.O.Y.

DS +3.66%

Wii +33.14%

XBOX360 +40.3%

PS3 +2%

PSP -2.8%

So what are the chances of the Wii breaking 2.7 million for the US in December?

Khuutra said:
It's funny, isn't it, how all of the Wii's success came from its predecessors, too? From the Playstation, from the Xbox, from the slow movement towards greater complexity and a certain narrow definition of depth.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate and suddenly the world as you knew it is gone forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the one we intended."

awesome gears 2 quote

On Topic:  The Wii is unstoppable and could 360 go over 1 million worldwide next week?  Doubt it i think around 800,000 or so but that would be awesome

Sony numbers not bad when looked at by themselves but when compared to the competition.....eh not so hot

Epic thread.

I just want to say THIS is bigger than jesus, obama, 1st man on the moon, 9/11 or even when i got my cherry popped.

This is the end of competition for Nintendo, the end of having to worry about the future of that company, finally its the end of asshole doomsayers that talked of Nintendo's demise for many years. While Sony and MS stalked and preyed on every unique idea Nintendo had in the past, all of us waited, we knew there was magic in tokyo. Once again we have again been taught YOU DON'T FUCK WITH NINTENDO.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.