By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 226K Up On This Time last Year PS3 Down 128k Wow

@RPG

instead of sales why dont we compare games? Oh wait..

mM
Around the Network
RPG said:
colonelstubbs said:
So wait...should we ignore the 360 price cut? Or play along with the 'so what if its cheaper!!!!' argument?

It has to be ignored, as does the PS3 releasing a year after the 360 as well I dont quite understand the reasoning people give about that one not affecting console sales.

Well, the price is argument is correct, but, the "one year before" i dont think so. I though than the second year was stronger than the first one, the third year for the 360 was the stronger, then the 2nd, then the first, but for the ps3, the stronger was the 1st, then the second, and that its not related to the "but, 360 was relased 1 year before". Well, thats my opinion.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

*Sigh *PS3 More expensive, not mass Market Price, Last year came off the back of a price cut, This year recession, 360 off the back of a price cut, cheaper than Wii (Arcade). Reask"Well if its a superior product price shudn't affect its sales" Are you saying Wii is a superior product than 360 because it sells more?

leo-j said:
@RPG

Because this is a sales thread Leo.....stay on topic my friend....;)

reask said:
colonelstubbs said:
So wait...should we ignore the 360 price cut? Or play along with the 'so what if its cheaper!!!!' argument?

Well surely if it is a superior product price should not affect its sales. 

Normally - YES, during CRISIS - NO.

reask said:
arsenicazure said:
Now add on the wii figures for the bigger shocker...

I never compare wii to ps360 figures why would I?

You cannot play the ps360 games on the wii so apples and oranges as far as I am concerned.

Funny enough I never actually bother looking at wii figures any one else the same?

That NICE, atleast someone heard me. :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52750

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Wow such a flamebait thread, in b4 lock?

leo-j said:
@RPG

Because the people on this site are mostly idiots and followers.

You should know that by now, Leo-j.

Sony in deep trouble?

I will never shed a tear for a company who got involved in somthing that was not their business.

I knew one day they would be knocked off the very pearch that they never deserved to be on in the first place.

Cya sony, its not been nice knowing you.

Long live Sega

Long live nintendo

And now for contributing to sonys downfall...... Long live microsoft.

Ender said:

*putting on Wii fanboy hat*: What about us?
*putting on 360 fanboy hat*: The PS3 is dead!
*putting on PS3 fanboy hat*: blah PRICE blah blah VALUE blah blah M$ IS EVIL blah blah GAMES blah blah OOOOOOOOH-9 blah blah

lol BRILLIANT!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

leo-j said:
@RPG

Because we all know that people buy the Wii just for Blu-Ray! Oh wait..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||