By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
taomaster06 said:
Is factor 5 going under?

It's basically gone, dude. The employees are looking for other jobs now...

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
taomaster06 said:
Is factor 5 going under?

damn!!! I didn't think they were doing that bad. i guess they took a big hit with Lair

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

There is no Kid Icarus, it doesn't exsist.

It is supposed "developers" are gone, poof.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

taomaster06 said:
noname2200 said:
taomaster06 said:
Is factor 5 going under?

damn!!! I didn't think they were doing that bad. i guess they took a big hit with Lair

That's a big part of it, but the more fatal blow was the fact that their last contract fell through, and they didn't have an alternative cash flow or cash reserves (that's where Lair comes in). The employees haven't seen a dime in months, and there are talks about liquidating. Not good.

Factor 5 are irrelevant to Kid Icarus. Nintendo will either give it to another studio to work on or do it themselves. KI is Nintendo's IP not Factor 5's. Even if F5 were purged in a great cleansing it would not matter.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
damkira said:

is a title I've been looking forward to for a very long time, and now with the bad news about Factor 5, it looks like this game might never be made. What do you guys think the chances are of this game being released? Do you think Nintendo would ask a 2nd party to make it or do you think they could even buy Factor 5? If anybody could do it, it would be Nintendo.

You do know that Factor 5 developing Kid Icarus was just a rumor. No information was ever provided that they were. More than likely, After Lair their studio was already in trouble. That game was their only IP. There other projects were licensed games for Lucas Arts. I doubt Nintendo or any other developer would commit to letting a studio that is financially in trouble develop games for them. Remember Nintendo turned down an offer to purchase Rare because of their instability at the time. No, Kid Icarus is being handled by an internal team.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

If they were developing a new Kid Icarus or StarFox game, Nintendo would definitely come to their rescue. If not, probably not.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I don't think F5 is developing Kid Icarus. It has only been a rumor that came from IGN but they have never shown nothing, no clips, no images....At least for me it has the same credibility than Sadness.
I really think Retro Studios may be behind this project since the begining, they could make a 'Retro' Kid Icarus just like they did with Metroid.

If Factor 5 or people from their company start a new 2nd party company for Nintendo or get absorbed by them than you know they are working on something.

If not than Factors 5 was never doing anything for Nintendo. In that case too bad. Kid Icarus or Starfox is being done internally at Nintendo or another 2nd party.

nordlead said:
what bad news about factor 5?

The just closed down a day or so ago.

Given that Factor 5 was intimately familiar with the inner workings of the GC and therefore Wii as well, it would make a lot of sense for Nintendo to use some of that mountain of money and bring them in as a second party.

The rEVOLution is not being televised