By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft cutting up to 10,000 jobs?

DMeisterJ said:
WiiStation360 said:
If true, I bet we will not see a ton of "Microsoft is Doomed" threads, like we saw for Sony recently. It looks like every gaming company, except for possibly Nintendo, will be affected by the economic crisis. Hopefully things start looking up in 09.

Of course not.

The community has to keep up the hypocrisy.

>_>

If Sony has a layoff, they are going out of business.  A Microsoft layoff is just strategic.  Another way to grow the Xbox line.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Some (most it'd seem) of you should read financials before comparing company healths...

Kyros said:
i know with the dollar this weak they should be in heaven.

Hardly since America is their biggest market, a weakening dollar is more a stone tied to their neck. They buy their parts and produce their consoles in Taiwan, China etc. and get paid in dollar. Not exactly a winner. Game designers in the States are a plus though.

The gaming division is just a small part of Microsoft. I think a weak dollar is good for them because the bulk of their employees (including their best paid ones such as top managers) are in USA. They probably have much more revenue than expenses abroad.

Tremble said:
I don't wanna show disrespect to MS employees but I "hope" it's true cause this company will maybe stop all the bitchin with their crazy price cuts.

What crazy price cuts? Sony has cut prices way faster than Microsoft especially in Europe (a 33% price cut before the PS3 even saw its first holiday season).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Microsoft bleeding confirmed????? Expect to see no xbox price drops for some time, heck they might even be considering a price hike in the spring when sales die down as it is no longer profitable to sell 360's so cheap in the non- holiday months

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Wow thats terrible, its like every company is suffering.

mM
Around the Network

Even microsoft arent exempt from the credit crunch! Madness!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Serious_frusting said:
Microsoft bleeding confirmed. Expect to see no xbox price drops for some time, heck they might even be considering a price hike in the spring when sales die down as it is no longer profitable to sell 360's so cheap in the non- holiday months

Confirmed where?  Do you have a link to confirm this?  Or a source or anything?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Weird, they are posting great results. Have they revised the forecast yet?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Serious_frusting said:
Microsoft bleeding confirmed. Expect to see no xbox price drops for some time, heck they might even be considering a price hike in the spring when sales die down as it is no longer profitable to sell 360's so cheap in the non- holiday months

Your name is fitting.  Reading this post was seriously frustrating...

Bitmap Frogs said:
Weird, they are posting great results. Have they revised the forecast yet?

They revised their Q2 forcast down in October, and are expected to miss their lowered estimates.  This is due the the declining PC market, along with the current worldwide economic problems. 

They will still post a huge profit, just not a huge as expected.

Analysts expect Microsoft to warn on Q2 revenue